Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting new motor back in when i removed i took six bolts out from mount to motor came out hard should i put mount on motor then just seat rubber mounts with one bolt top and bottom suggestions welcome

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
install brackets on motor , install rubber mounts on brackets , careful to line up titties and holes , one side faces lock forward one side its toward rear , studs should go above titties , then lower motor into slots of frame .

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
brackets and rubber mounts get bolted to the block , the "secret" is to have the tranny jacked up as high as it go's so when the motor is bolted to the tranny the mounts clear the frame brackets [ works every time ]

Note / with the tranny jacked up you will only beable to get the "main" lower bolts in [ the TWO on each side above and below the locating pins ] once those are in you can drop the motor on the mounts and put the reat of the bolts in

Note / dont forget to "mark" the torque convertor and the flex plate because they are "keyed" to each other [ you,ll find out the hard way if you dont LOL ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts