·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.....cool, how much suspension lift are you gonna use?

I'm seriously thinking of using about 10 inches of lift. I've seen the products offered by RCC and will buy them and perhaps include a minimum of 6 inch springs (Or the 8" skyjacker springs)

I intend to install 44s on my Ramcharger. ;D

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
That is sweet has hell man. How hard was it to swap in the Cummins?

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trailduster79sGirl said:
That is sweet has hell man. How hard was it to swap in the Cummins?
It's not that hard at all. Everything is the same down to the motor mounts. I did need to grab and swap all of the harnesses but their not too hard to change over either.

·
3,940 Posts
nice pic of the side-by-side. you don't realize how big a cummins is til you get it out and compare. WOW!~!

nice job!!

when is the expected "done" pics?

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
that's going to be one heavy duty RC350.why didn't dodge do this to begin with?you're building my dream truck dude{cool}!the cummins swap and divorsed t-case would make a great How To.hell the whole build up would!looks great,keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
W300_dually said:
nice pic of the side-by-side. you don't realize how big a cummins is til you get it out and compare. WOW!~!

nice job!!

when is the expected "done" pics?
Frankly I was surprised as well, you just don't see it untill you get them on the ground inches apart from each other, when you say to yourself (with a stupid school girl grin) "Damn thats a big bastard!" ....and heavy too, I could have swarn that the engine lift boom bent several inches during installation.

At the present time, I'm just installing parts that do not need a paycheck to accomplish. All of my current income is being diverted to the usual bills and upcoming Christmas gifts (Plus a big birthday party for my girlfriend later this month)
...I figure "Done" will be sometime next spring like May-June??

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OBXCHARGER said:
that's going to be one heavy duty RC350.why didn't dodge do this to begin with?you're building my dream truck dude{cool}!the cummins swap and divorsed t-case would make a great How To.hell the whole build up would!looks great,keep us posted.
It's funny that you mentioned RC350 because I kept the fender badges from the donor for exactly that ;D

It's funny the way Momma Mopar thinks, she didn't make a Cummins powered RC but gave us the ability to do it real easy (Turning out to be a very easy swap) I just hope that next time around she'll bring back the ol' Ramcharger with the Hemi, V10s and Cummins perhaps even with four doors (gag!)to kick those crappy Tahoes and Ford "ex' trucks

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
I hope you can make it to Ram Jam II
It's hard to say if I can make it, from what I read, Ram Jam is over a three day drive one way for me. I'd have to take off a week and at this time I won't have it available from work....but hey you never know what the future brings. ;D

·
Registered
384 Posts
I like your truck can't wait to see it finished!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Elpasoram said:
I like your truck can't wait to see it finished!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I'm dying to get it done too. I've been having four wheelin' withdrawals for months! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts