Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyhting I can do to my dads dump truck to get a little more power out of it? I'ts a 91' GMC Brigadier with a cummins, not sure on the model or year of the engine ( I'm going to go try to find it tomarrow) but i was just wondering if there was anything I can do to the bigger diesels? Thanks ???

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There are ways to turn it up. How much you wanna turn it up? And how much are you willing to spend? First find out which engine you have.

Ed

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says model LTAIO and it is rated at 240hp. He wants a truck around 300hp, and if this one could get there safley and reliably money wouldnt be an issue.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
LTAIO doesn't mean anything to me. There should be a plate or sticker that says what the engine is. Even the valve cover maybe marked with the engine type. You'd be looking for something like M11 or N14, etc.

If the engine uses a computer, the program can be changed for more power.

Ed

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No computer. It's been in the shop twice this week, so I think its time just to get newer topkick with a cat.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
There you go CAT power, get a C-15 adjustable from 475 to 625, but then you need a REAL dump truck, like a pete with an alum Mac body

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.