Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the years the RC was produced, many were sold to various police agencies (as well as fire department and ambulance companies) for their patrol duties. Awhile ago, someone on RCC had a link to copcar.com posted. It linked up to the "Copcar of the Month" for December 1999 featuring our beloved Ramchargers. That link is still available. Since then, I've discovered another site with a few more pics of law enforcement RC's. Click on http://members.fortunecity.com/rwcar4photo/ram.html

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
thats pretty sweet. i want one.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Thanks for the link. I've actually seen the Prospect Park, and the Darby Township RC's when I passed through each area. The PA State police also runs a few RC's for K9 duty....I'll have to look for the link to those pics.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got an old Illinois State Highway Patrol 93 RamCharger.

Ryan

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet!! Looks like it's in great shape...I like those heavy duty bumpers that Illinois put on the front of their trucks. I've seen them before. I bet no one gets in your way!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wouldn't say that... It is a nice sturdy bumper, but not practical for my situation. Once I get home for the summer, it is going bye bye to a nice 91-93 "step" bumper.

Ryan

·
Registered
370 Posts
those were nice cop RCs...but the best police RC ive ever see was in the move Lone Wolf McQuaid....gotta luc that RC..... :D

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
No doubt. It was kinda bad to the bone!

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
I'm actually toying with the idea of turning mine into a police ramcharger. As long as I don't use the lights while driving down the road it's legal here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be really cool!!! {cool} If you do it, you should enter it in the copcar show they have every year in Ripon CA in October. Yours would probably be the only RC. You might win a trophy. Most of the cars on display are "clones" because originals are usually tore up when they are auctioned off. You can buy most of what you'd need to convert your RC through Ebay. Keep us posted!

By the way...I was watching "Cops" in New Orleans last night. I don't know if it was a recent episode or a rerun, But along with the usual Ford squadcars in the foreground, they had a RC marked unit in the background. Some RC's are still in service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.