Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hunter's 77 or 78 Monaco cop car. I can't tell which year, they are practically the same I think.

An unsung hero of 70s and 80s television , the mid to late 70s Mopar B-body 4 doors were everywhere from Hazzard County to the Los Angeles underground.

I miss seeing these cars. They are arguably a better car than the earlier and more highly sought after B bodies. They rode nicer and handled better. A little hot rodding and some decent meats and you got yourself a hell of a fun car. A shame I didn't pick up a few more 25 years ago when they could still be had for a song.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
'68 Charger and '68 GTX

·
Super Moderator
2,002 Posts
The number of General Lees used up in the Dukes over a 7 year run is bad enough, but I shudder at the thought of how many Furies got wasted during the production of a 90-minute movie. I bet the ratio of screen time to wrecked cars is far higher.

It got thrashed in almost every scene. Bonus points to the stuntman driving the flaming car, bet he had balls of steel.
Every so often I go hunting for a movie extra I last saw on HBO / Show around 1990. It was the usual 10-20 minute thing behind the cameras except it had a lot of content from the stunt car guys. My recollection is that every Fury used in the movie was pulled out of a boneyard somewhere.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I remember there being a really nice RC in No Country For Old Men. I don't think it was in any action scenes or anything, just was driven around by Anton. At least it didn't get destroyed.
There was a few dodge trucks at the scene where the guy finds the cartel cash. All shot up.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Funny how they are talking about the same issues we are having right now.
Yep, funny hey. Know why? - its not a coincidence, it's all a show, the same shit recycled over and over, and we smart, intelligent humans never pick up on it. Know why? They have us all distracted. Distracted with technology, debt, and all forms of media including and especially television. John Lennon gave an interview on the Dick Cavett Show talking about Russia, China and Ukraine back in 1972. Not a coincidence.

Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
Super Moderator
13,895 Posts
uuuhhmmmm yeah - this thread is worthless without the two best scenes from 'Lone Wolf McQuaid' -

...the video isn't the best..but the audio is aawwweeesssooommmmmmmee... :cool:

"Supercharge THIS!!"

...aaaand this -

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
We were watching Dexter New blood yesterday, and on the final episode a creepy guy was driving a red/white Ramcharger ;)

They wrecked it in the end and Dexter fell out the rear side window. It was sad and cool at the same time.

·
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
uuuhhmmmm yeah - this thread is worthless without the two best scenes from 'Lone Wolf McQuaid' -

...the video isn't the best..but the audio is aawwweeesssooommmmmmmee... :cool:

"Supercharge THIS!!"

...aaaand this -

Wow, I've never seen this movie before. It's a gooder for Dodge trucks! 👍

• Wow
Reactions: Mad Max

·
Super Moderator
13,895 Posts
Wow, I've never seen this movie before. It's a gooder for Dodge trucks! 👍
...say WHAT? 😲 Brooo - Lone Wolf McQuaid is THE quintessential Ramcharger movie of all time, and I am honored to introduce you to it! :D. The movie is awesome by itself, and the blown V8 Ramcharger is pure sexy icing on top of the already great cake (y)

·
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I've heard of the movie before but just have never seen it. Looks kinda cool, I'll have to watch this movie. I'm not sure about the Mad Max flick of the switch style supercharger tho. That's a little cheesey. Lol

·
Super Moderator
13,895 Posts
...I'm not sure about the Mad Max flick of the switch style supercharger tho. That's a little cheesey. Lol
...now don't get all literal n stuff - it's Hollywood so yah like every other movie listed in here it's a lot cheesy and so what, 'cause when yer 14 yrs old it's awesome, and it's still awesome :cool:

Besides...look at my call sign - I think I actually know how to do a 'selectable' supercharger - I've just never had the time or money to prove it, but that is a WHOLE 'nuther discussion... ;)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts