Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am listing www.moparmanuals.com on the Scam List untill I get a satisfactory answer. Their CD for the 74-77 Truck Parts is short 60 pages of infromation! They were told this via Email and Fax 5 times since 04/28/2003 and the problem is still not resolved! The owner told me that I have a Firewall up and he cant Email me and I DON'T! He has had my phone number for months and I told him how to fix the problem on 4/28. His 78-81 Cd also looks to be out of date. don't purchase from him until this is fixed. If necessary I'll file in small claims court and charge him for the air plane tickets and lodging.{bigeyes} Thanks-Stevo

·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<Update>
Apparently some person or persons have contacted Mopar Manuals about my problem. That's great as that is what this board is supposed to be about...problem avoidence or resolution. Please rest assured that it is not necessary for anyone to remove or modify my post as I do not post this type of thing just for the heck of it. I build a business case and pursue the matter with numerous resources. Posting here is in no way a legal avenue for resolution but will put pressure on a business that is trying it's best to be fair and honest, but may be relying on bad/incomplete information to make it's products or decisions.:)

I recieved a phone call this evening from Dave Waller of Mopar Manuals and we had a very pleasent talk for almost 30 minutes. It appears that we may have had some communications problems with Emails due to our ISP's and their Firewalls or maybe these latest virus attacks on the web. That is understood but always remember that I can be contacted via Fax, Snail Mail, Phone and other ways. Of no surprise to me are the numerous screw ups by Mother Mopar with their old parts books. The revisions were haphazardly done and some of them were out of numerical sequence. If you ever tried to order parts from Mopar in the late 60's and the 70's you would know the frustration level of the parts counter people as they read their books. Many times they had to just order the part to see what they got, as the parts books were very unclear. This turns out to be the case of the 74-77 parts book that I have. This revision has an addtional 60+ pages of parts numbers as the book should have. Dave was telling me that the last revision(the one after mine) of the parts book is missing these pages even though it is supposed to be the latest and greatest. He has been in contact with numerous people and purchased other parts books to find out about these missing pages and has come up with nothing. So in the next few weeks we will be in contact with each other and if he finds this missing info from Mopar he will revise the CD..if he cant find it from Mopar than he can use my parts book to revise the CD. The end result is that the CD that he does come up with will be the latest and greatest and we will all benefit from this. When he gets it revised, he will also replace any CD's, at his expense, for any customers that have incomplete information on their 74-77 CD's. Cool! ;D

I have always believed that Mopar Manuals and Dave have all the best intentions to run a proper and honest business and his phone call this evening reaffirmed that. As I have mentioned before I will delete this post when all is solved and Dave knows this. Thank You-Stevo

·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This issue is still not resolved and I will have had the original CD for 3 yrs in June. Also NO communication from them just as before! I guess it's time to file my complaints, as I should not have to beg for a proper resolution. ??? :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
REPLY TO CUSTOMER

THE MANUALS YOU ORDERED IS A COMPLETE MANUAL AS PER THE PART NUMBER.

THIS WAS VERIFIED BY CHRYSLER CORP.

YOU STATED IN YOUR CONVERSATION THAT THE PAPER MANUAL YOU HAD HAD MORE INFORMATION AND CLAIMED WE HAD MISSING PAGES....THAT IS INCORRECT ...YOU MANUAL CARRIED A DIFFERENT PART NUMBER FROM CHRYSLER AND AS SUCH IS A DIFFERENT BOOK.

HOPEFULLY THI CLARIFIES THE DISCREPENCY.

DAVE
MOPAR MANUALS on CD

·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MOPARMANUALS said:
REPLY TO CUSTOMER

THE MANUALS YOU ORDERED IS A COMPLETE MANUAL AS PER THE PART NUMBER.

THIS WAS VERIFIED BY CHRYSLER CORP.

YOU STATED IN YOUR CONVERSATION THAT THE PAPER MANUAL YOU HAD HAD MORE INFORMATION AND CLAIMED WE HAD MISSING PAGES....THAT IS INCORRECT ...YOU MANUAL CARRIED A DIFFERENT PART NUMBER FROM CHRYSLER AND AS SUCH IS A DIFFERENT BOOK.

HOPEFULLY THI CLARIFIES THE DISCREPENCY.

DAVE
MOPAR MANUALS on CD
Dear Dave,
You lied to me and my Mom is a witness. You said you were going to build a new parts book with the proper information. You did not. You said that there were NO books available with the info that I have...you are wrong! Irv Bishko has them and so do I. Irv Bishko is a licensed dealer and he can supply the correct info...why can't you? You said you spent lots of money getting old used books and none had the 60 pages of part numbers in them. Why not get a repro from another licensed dealer that is proven to have the info? So tell us Dave, just how did the Dealer fix his vehicles without 60 pages of part number information? You must be saying that the parts counter person called the Parts Depot every time he needed a part number? Hmmmm?!?!? How can anyone use a parts book that has 60 pages of part numbers missing? You are selling incomplete books and that is unacceptable. I am still waiting for the phone call from you from 5 months ago. You even told me that you might use MY 60 pages to update your manuals. Also Dyment Publishing is NOT Chrysler...so don't mislead the public! Dyment is a publisher and is NOT the Chrysler Parts/Publications Engineering Department. How is it you can address this issue on this board on NOT with me on the phone? Also my CD is NOT marked as containing PB121 as your website shows. What about the 100+ other customers that you shipped this incomplete CD to, you mentioned this in your phone conversation also that you would make it right for them. If you change the info on your website to avoid responsibility, it really doesnt matter as I have legal copies of your info as of today, and it's posted here and the post has been copied. By the way folks, I have had this problem for almost 3 years now with NO resolve. Now lets compare some info.

From your website.Part number 81-690-1371...K , L and M Series includes PB121, supercedes 81-690-1331

From MY parts manual. Notice the part number is the SAME as yours listed on your website? Your CD DOES NOT have the same information on it as you advertise and my parts book is not a different part number as you state in your comments!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Sir,
I will take you up on your phone offer to supply me with this "additional" information you seem to have in your paper manual!!!
I will scan and include it on a cd and send it to you at no charge except shipping. I will also assure you i will return your paper pages.

I have not found an "original copy" paper book with information you are referring to yet.

After I produce this for you i will send a copy to the Chrysler Historical Society and museum to see if anyone can verify this info was produced in the original book. (Not as an update added by the dealerships).

If this is verified by DaimlerChrysler i will mass produce the CD for distribution and send that authorized update to all previous purchasers at no charge except shipping. (If this occurs customer will be required to return earlier older version).

Our goal is happy customers, while complying within DaimlerChryslers licensing regulations.

Sincerely,
Dave

·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No...it's been 2 years, at least 4 long winded phone calls and excuses for at least 10 unanswered Emails. I will post some further info on this. He apparently does'nt believe that Mopar produced a parts manual that contains "part numbers"...it's just 60 pages of them but what the heck, the dealer dreamed up the part numbers to service the vehicles. Those dealers are pretty incredible!{bigeyes}{bigeyes}{bigeyes}

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
well i WAS thinking of getting one of those but now i am glad i didn't. thanx for hte heads up chump!

·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it's time to go further with this complaint as the "Good Christian" as he put it on the phone a year ago is apparently happy with ripping off over 100 customers for a bogus parts book. At $125/CD that's a hefty profit!!!! It's not my responsibility to supply him with the 60 pages of parts information that is missing so that he can copy it. He is supposed to be the pro here, other "Chrysler Licensed" book sellers DO have the COMPLETE parts manuals with ALL the part numbers. A bit of laziness on his part. I have yet to figure out why he thinks a Dealer could operate a service business without these part numbers. And maybe he thinks the dealer had these pages printed up locally at a print shop and used the dealers scribbled notes to accomplish this? So thousands of dealers had to have make believe pages printed up all over the world? Maybe next time I visit my Pharmacist, I should bring HIM the info on the prescriptions I'm taking or maybe my tire dealer needs me to bring the tire specs with me before I buy from Him? The "Quest for Intelligence" continues! {angry]

·
Registered
414 Posts
Chump I have got cds from him for 78-81 trucks and it seams pages our missing can you give me a name where i can get a compleat parts book for my 79 rc 83 rc and 69 super b

·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
auwing said:
Chump I have got cds from him for 78-81 trucks and it seams pages our missing can you give me a name where i can get a compleat parts book for my 79 rc 83 rc and 69 super b
Thx for the support, he made me feel like I was wrong! There are a number of places, also Ebay, but try Irv first. You might give them a call. I got a complete repro/copy of a 74-77 and 78-81 parts manual from Irv. After all the lies from MoparManuals I didnt care about the price of another manual, just wanted all the pages and the freaking part numbers!
MoparManuals said that NO ONE has the complete manual, even Irv Bishko..he should rename his company MoronManuals.com. Never seen anyone so lazy in my life and he's ripped off hundreds of people. He even admitted it! But he said he's a good Christian! He's licensed by Chrysler but provides garbage, Irv is also Licensed by Chrysler and provides the real thing. I'm still not done with MoronManuals, the complaint process will begin soon, should keep him in paperwork for years to come. :eek:
If you need more help with your search please let me know. ;D
www.autobooksbishko.com

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I have bought both of my fsms from Irv. Excellent service and fast shipping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
EDITED: You are messing with fire here buddy. You better chill out - Sam

BTW, quit cross posting your crap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.