Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 568 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing a restor/rebuild on my new 79 trailduster, some of you might recoginize it i bought it from ramzilla
this is when i first backed it into the garage

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are a few more

this is the interoir befor i started to "work" on it

here is the leakie engine coming out

on the way to the paint shop

the interior b4 the paint shop

topless

no winshield, dash, wiring harness

many more to come floor pans are next, its ugly under that flashing someone used to "fix" the rust problems

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Thats good somebody got that truck. I was trying to figure out a way to get it when he was sellin :p What color is it going to get painted? Total restore? Lift? Ton axles? Big tires? or just stock? How about some specs to,or specs to come :) Good luck!

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it will get painted 2002 dodge indy red with 2002 dodge stone white on the top it will have a rhyno lined interior and it will have bushwacker cutout fender flairs. them it will come back to my house where it will sit for a while durring the time it takes me to build the new engine it is going to get. once the engine goes in i will work on the electrical and get it back to stock with a few upgrades. after that i will have the front clip put back on and i will drive it like that for a while, probably till the tranny takes a dump b/c i dont think that is going to take long. when it takes a dump i will probably get the tranny and t-case rebuilt with the milemarker kit and then shortly after i will start to save for dana 60's and lift. right now i an thinking like 4-5 inches of lift and as big of tires as i can get

·
Registered
57 Posts
That truck looks familiar.Snap some pics of those flairs for me

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
looks like u are making progress be looking for the new pics of it after paint ..... u keeping it red i gather ? ya that red will look good on her i am sure too

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no problem i will get you some pics, they will cover all of that ugly bondo ... thats a good thing

and yes it will say red and white, i was thinking orange but i like the red so i will keep it

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a few pics of my bushwacker cut out fender flairs

that was a 33 that was laying around the shop

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
when is it expected to be done? cant wait to see it

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
probably spring time, not much to update on, got a little more done on the front fenders, i will say it again dont get the bushwacker cutout flairs if you are not prepaired to do a little bit of paint work mine did not line up very well, it could have been from previous damage to the truck but from what i can tell it just dont fit tight against the body.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and i am going to hopefully give a down payment on this on sunday

****** there was a pic of a 440 here but its gone i cant find it ******

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i decided against the big block, i want something new that is just mine plus i dont think i could have gotten the bb through maryland emissions

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
mopar_tim said:
well i decided against the big block, i want something new that is just mine plus i dont think i could have gotten the bb through maryland emissions
That stinks that the big block didn't work out for ya. You could always go the route I'm taking and just get a stroked 360. With 408 cubic inches, it might as well be a big block ;D. Looks like things are moving good for ya though. In all honestly, I'm glad you posted the pictures of the cut out flares. I was looking into getting those myself, but don't like the way they look. :-[ Looks like it's gonna be a nice rig though ;D . Keep us posted on the changes you make.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i looked at the 408 but i think right now that is going to be a little steep for me i think i am just going to go with a mopar crate engine, should be plenty good for what i need, the cut out flairs kill the apperience of the dodge fenders, i mean they have those great lines and all i am ging to do is cover them up, o well my next project will be a tow rig i am thinging about a 76 3/4 ton externed cab long bed, or something like that. the tow rig will be show quality but not for a long time i got to buy a house and a garage first, my mom does not like this in her garage

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
most moms arent too cool with their sons beat up ole trucks parked in the garage and driveway! i know the feeling. my mom hates my 79 out in the driveway

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just thought i would give you all alittle update, the truck has not moved at the body shop things have reached an all time slow... i dont no why but hopefully progress will start to pick up on it

i have been doing alot of parts collecting and to date i have built my dash insert with my autometers

i have also agreed to buy a set of dana 60s for it 4.10 gears compleatly rebuilt with a rear detroit, the fronts out of a 92 and the rears out of a 74

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well the dana 60's fell through so i am alittle mad about that but, i still need to give an update

the entire tub has been sprayed with sem bedliner

the fire wall was also sprayed, the inner fenderwells will get it as will the inside of the front fenders

the front doors have been removed, compleatly striped, dents fixed and the sanding and blocking has started on the doors

i also got another patch pannel for the drivers side rear wheel well there was alittle more rust then i thought
sorry i dont have any pics

1 - 20 of 568 Posts