Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as long as this forum has been around I suppose someone posted the old performance ECM  numbers ,but I couldn't find anything by searching. -----------------
I found a pickup truck in the boneyard with a lot of performance stuff still on it’s magnum engine, so I scoffed up what I could, and because the ECM was so cheap, I grabbed it also, with the wish that it may be a performance computer. I am not seeing any Mopar  560????? Type number on it.  The white label CLEARLY has the number 04797314 with the 314 being much larger numbers.  A google search in many different searches does not show anything.  There are also another set of small numbers  BLF70012V1, but they don’t come up either.  There are no other number or stickers on it anywhere. I know the ECM is a replacement because the truck was a 92 and the ECM is dated  June of 1995. I know the number I gave could be a generic stock replacement number like Cardone or some other company  uses, but I can’t believe the numbers don’t come up anywhere. thanx, ,Crossy

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
The number does not show up in any of the '92-'96 Parts Manuals and searching it, I can only find it in parts places overseas that specialize in American auto parts.  It's not a Mopar Performance part, to my knowledge, as they would have the "P" prefix or would have a different part number structure.  It could be an aftermarket SBEC that just happens to use a Mopar style 7 digit part number, but the last 3 digits being larger is a very common thing for Mopar parts as it makes them easier to pick on the assembly line.  If you know a decent Mopar Parts guy, you could have them run the number through their system ans see if it supercedes or is even in their system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pull the cover off it and clean the goo off the eprom and that will tell you what number it is. The computers are all generic but the eprom is what had the specific information. It’s to the right of the large heat sinks, usually a little carb cleaner will be enough to read the number off it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.