Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is My review of the mopar manuals on cd-rom. The disc is set up just like the regular paper copy of the manual, with a group index and an alphabetical index. The best part about it is you can print off the page or pages that you need and not have to worry about getting the pages all greasy.The files are plenty big to give you good detail on the pictures. The only problem with that is having to scroll around the screen to see it all. I would recomend this product. The one that I recieved is
1975-1976 DODGE TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL part# 81-370-5119 cost for this one is $65.00 so I think it is a better value than the book. To contact them:
www.moparmanuals.com
MUSCLE CARS LLC
26 MCKENZIE AVE.
MERIDEN CT
06451-5231

PHONE: (203) 237-4795
FAX: (928) 752-8543

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
As long as you don't get the Chilton's "total car care" on cd rom, you should be golden. Chilton's sucks{angry]{flipoff} :mad: ???

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
just to help this along a bit, i have the same manual on Cd as the post states. it is an invaluable tool and well worth the price asked for it.

ask any members i have sent files to, it is a great resource and awesome detail on the files.

would highly reccomend this cd to others

eric

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
All our manuals at work are computer based.  Now, I'm tech savvy, and know my way around any computer program, but I gotta say that I'd prefer being able to flip through a book manual than clicking from place to place.  It's easier to hold your finger on a page while you cross-reference another section the book recommends reading for certain repairs.  When using the computer programs (even if you print it), you have to go back and check the reference, and then go back to what you are doing (takes time). 

Now, if you bring your laptop to your bench, then maybe that would work.  However, a part of me wishes that my company would've just left the hard copy manuals instead of getting rid of them.

Just my .02 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts