Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Fellas,

Heard the story probably about how it cost me my job, but for those that havent, read on!

After 12:00 on Saturday, our day at the JY is done! Well, me and this other guy were working on his GMC A/C when the dude called up wanting to know if anyone was interested in a Dodge Pickup. Well, the dude I was working with called me over. He told the guy on the phone that yes, there was someone interested!

So, I picked up and found out where it was and proceeded to pay $150 for it! Thise PO'd the Boss cause he didnt care if it was after hours! So, there goes the Job, but I've got the Truck!

Anyway, here are some pics!

Front View! Pretty straight, though it does need some work. They filled the emblem holes with Bondo to smooth it out! The grille is broken/bent surround, and the bed is off! Otherwise, she looks good! I'm planning on adding an '86-90 Grille in argent

Interior View! Nice interior here, just needs seat re-done! Also needs a radio and weatherstrip to be perfect. Had a deluxe radio, as it has two speakers in the doors and two behind the seat.

Heres what powers it, a venerable 225. Supposedly rebuilt, I think it was either done wrong or not at all. Smokes like a bonfire at any speed above idle! But, it does pop off and runs okay!

Heres what I'm going to drop in it, another old 225 I've got (out of my '72 Club Cab). It will run, but I wasnt able to run it on its own, because the fuel pump wasnt pumping! But, it did fire off though!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Heres what it looks like now. After robbing parts off it to keep the 81 rolling, I decided I needed a yard truck, so I got this one rolling. I also put that grille in it, so it at least has one. I've decided to go ahead and find a bed for it and fix it up, because I liked my old burgandy '79. Going with a 360-4v and auto to replace the 225.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple more updated pics with a bed from a '79 (it bolts up, including filler and lights)

Left front view. Thats the old grille out of my '81 with this ones rt. bezel.

Left rear shows '79 and the free 15x7 factory wagon wheels in the 5 on 5.5 inch bolt pattern.

Here it is next to my '81 Ram 150

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here it is 3 weeks ago, sans 225 and trans:

And, a prepped engine-bay for a BB (mounts moved back, cleaner frame)

Heres the BB 400 ready to be sprayed:

And, here are the two together:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

In place, ready to light off (and it did)

Acessoriezed, with the Edelbrock 600 4-v in place

Completed, all belts in place, driveable at this point

Painted manifolds, the right (correct) one.

Driveable, pic taken today (7/10)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Last one in this series, the '86-'90 grille installed!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Looks alot like my Power Ram short bed (see "Updated Power Ram Pics" by myself in this category). Good project truck. Keep at it.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I love watching a truck go from nothing to every thing....that looks awesome with the 86 to 90 grill I like alot better than the other......It seems to fit hte truck better....REally cool truck....

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry if the pics dont work above, its been so long and they have been deleted off my server. Anyway, I traded the Truck off last July and finally had the opportunity to buy it back, and I did. Not much has changed except he is keeping the motor and trans and before I traded it I stuck an '81-'85 grille in it. Here is a pic I look late friday night:

This go-round its getting a 440 for now, some headers, and things done RIGHT. I still plan on swapping an '86-'90 grille in it but using the RIGHT core support. Overall I want a Drag Truck out of it, since I've got the white Truck for the street.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts