Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drug this one in last friday. Bought for $200 minus motor. We pulled it out last week at the guys place. Here it is:

The only damage on the whole car! Believe it or not, I've got the parts! I recently bought a '78 NYB 4-dr HT as a parts car.

Close-up of that damage, recent pic

The Straight side! She's as long as Imperial, as its the same body! Longer than my '74 Dodge or my '75 Gran Fury!

Power 50/50 seats, Auto-temp air, tilt/tele column, etc. Really loaded up with options! Also has a 9 1/4 SG rear! Very unusual and suprised us both!

Rear Seat, nice shape too!

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
That's cool Jamie. Have the front seats been recovered? Do you plan on putting it back together again then? I'd like to see pics of the progress.

I drove a 4dr '74 NY Brougham that exact same color through HS and 2 years of college. It was my Mom's car. Unfortunatly, we sold it to my buddy who bought it for the engine and tranny, then sold it to a guy that put in a derby. :\'( My Grandparents used to have a '77 4dr that was wine in color with a white top and a leather, wine, interior. That was a sweet car!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the seats HAVE been re-covered. Right now, plans are to put it back on the road. I bought a '78 4-dr HT that was crunched on the pass. side front for $500. It runs and has the fender and header panel I need for this one! 440 car, BTW!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, heres the '78 parts car:

The hood side! Note good fender and header panel! Thats the side I need!

The Damage side! Bet it totalled that red car that hit it. It busted the glass too and bent the wing pillar! Also not e the wheels, Got a full set of C-Body rallyes! No, they're NOT for sale! Gonna likely slap em on the '77!

Heres whats under the hood, a decent running 440! Trans shifts good too, drove the car home! 9 1/4 behind the driveline! Dont know, but I think it will go into the '77!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Those cars are gigantic you got to love'em. You need to put some swampers on that thing.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated pics (We got all this done two weekends ago)

Got all the bad sheetmetal off it and the header panel. Disassembled the header panel here as well.

Heres the 440 out of the '78, before painting.

Its Motorvated!

Here is Yours Truly in the drivers seat!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More Pics:

Fender and header panel loosely bolted up

a look at the fender

Updated look at the 440, has an Edelbrock 600 on it atop the stock 4-v intake, a '77 Van Vac. Advance E.I. Distributor, and a California '77 Corodoba 360-4v engine harness (these cars didnt have ELB and the harness is a direct plug in).

its LONG!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A weekend after, me and my buddy buttoned it all up:

Got the hood on, fender bolted up, header bolted down, just got to do some minor adjustments to the gaps and its set.

Lights on!

The car and a proud me in front of it!

Also took these shots as well, since I didnt have any:

a Full on cluster view!

Ignoring the column shift knob, heres a pic of the Stereo. I gave the guy another one so he would leave this one alone, because it fits in the car so well.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Sweet car, when will it be on the road?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure when I will get it on the road, but I've already driven it! It needs some more work to really be roadworthy, like exhaust for one and some tires, and the left motor mount tightened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts