Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my current Truck. I bought this thing for $100 when my '79 blew the 318. I was going to put in a 360 in the '79, but found this Truck first. It Had a slant six and no tranny, kind of beat up front clip, and mis-matched wheels/tires.

Heres what it looked like when I drug it in:

Beat up grille, a not too bad bumper, and a primered hood.

Here it is without a motor and trans, before my good grille got mashed! Note I swapped on a complete front clip, '79 quad light setup. Yes, that fender is off my old '79! I had the other fender slated to replace the drivers on the '79, but that didnt happen. Valence was scored for the '79 as well.

Here is what it currently looks like. I've got my other grille on it in this pic and the '84 bumper I bought for $50. Its really coming together at this point.

Rear View. Not much has changed since I bought it other than my '79 gate. That bumper has to go soon and will be replaced with a Chrome deep drop. The Bed is going to be yanked as well and a factory utility-box bed will go in its place (it needs to be straightened)

Heres what powers this beast! Its a 360 that came from my Dude, bought for $100! Its a stock 76 motor with an '80 4-v intake. The chrome 14" air cleaner hides an edelbrock 1406 carb (600 CFM, el. Choke). The wiring is all from my '79.

Heres what it looks like inside! Note solid floors. The dash harness is also from my '79 as is the three spoke steering wheel. Glovebox door perfect. Yes, that is my '79 drivers door as well on this thing!

More pictures later on as this thing progresses!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
its coming along a bit at a time. I like the use of different years

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
You ever figure out what year it is?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, never did! So, she's a '72! It does have a '75 frame, but that wouldnt jive with the early style dash and the tailgate with the raised "DODGE" letters. So, I'm leaving well enough alone and calling it a '72!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, here are some updated pictures (its now on the road!)

Hood is on here! No, thats not the right cowl grille for it, but I'll run it for now until I get all my other wiper parts rounded up for the taller one!

Not much change here, but the dash is together for the most part!

No change here, but the exhaust manifolds did get painted and the pipes are bolted on!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I want to see a pic of the whole truck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts