Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost half of the lower molding on my truck. I'm tempted to just pull it all off and be done with it. The sidemarker light however is recessed into it. Will It work to pull it off or will the sidemarker be standing out from the fender? Also anyone who has replaced thier headliner what did you use for glue?

·
Registered
100 Posts
when i put new fenders and doors on my truck i didn't put any of the trim back on, the marker lights do stick out but they look fine. also my fenders and doors were not pre drilled for the trim which is one of the reasons i didn't put it back on so if you just take it off you'll have holes and clips still there unless you do some body work.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking maybe you could use the aftermarket trim that sticks on. Don't know how well it sticks though. Just hate to pay bucks for the original molding. Don't really like it aynway.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
3M makes a spray glue just for headliners. The cans look similar so make sure you read the label. Buy several cans and don't be too shy with the glue. The headliner will abosb quite a bit of water weight in high humidity conditions and you don't want it to sag.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to replace my headliner last weekend. Used some off brand spray glue. Man what a joke, it's in worse shape now than before. The worst part is I had found some of that fake suede material that matched the interior color perfect. Miscut it and now it's not stuck, I'm gonna have to start all over. I'll check at O'rielly's or Napa in the morning for the glue. Thanks.:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took the outer trim molding off of my 87 RC and found an aftermarket side reflector at Auto Zone that doesn't stick out. it looks like the original and it only costed me $23.75 total. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got the molding back on the drivers door. Now I have to find molding for the bed as well as the retaining clips which seem to be harder to come by. Redid my headliner last weekend. Used 3M glue, much better. When that stuff sticks it sticks.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
try www.mopartruckparts.com for your trim pieces

1 - 8 of 8 Posts