Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!!! My 440 build is almost complete. Gotta get the serpentine stuff from March on there, find an altenator, and get Thorley to ship the headers, and I'll be ready to set this thing on the frame. Been way too long since my RC (my kids call him Moe) rolled down the road under his own power...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Good looking motor.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Sa-weeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Orange as a Mutha F**ka as Dusty would put it right Mike!

;D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow that's a beautiful thing.. You wouldn't mind trading for my 318 now would ya? I wouldn't charge you to take it off your hands :eek:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Man thats purrdy ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
That looks sweet Mike, but why do you keep calling it a 440? ;) Are those Edelbrock heads? What intake? Its been a while since you rattled off the specs, what about a refresher?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Nice.... 8)

Mike

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tv_larsen said:
That looks sweet Mike, but why do you keep calling it a 440? ;) Are those Edelbrock heads? What intake? Its been a while since you rattled off the specs, what about a refresher?
Ok, no more lies. The truth will set me free, right? It's not a 440 anymore; it's now a 496 thanks to bore and stroke ;D

The heads are Indy's, and I must say that those guys are way cool. Know what they're doing, and they do it well. The intake is the Edelbrock Performer. Had to keep the EGR holes for CA smog :mad:

I'll write up the specs in detail when I get some free time, but here's my ticket to cat free smog tests. Notice the 6100lbs GVW. That's the difference, and why I'm going to all the trouble of swapping the '77 frame under the '90 body 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
496!!!! that is killer!!! nice looking too...

mike

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think Moe will be flying down the road under his own power!!
Very nice!
Timbo

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And a pile of parts. The axles are being rebuilt right now, and I should have them back in a week or 2. Ready to turn some wrenches, Nate?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Ready? man my hands are to clean i need a few knuckel busters to get me back in shape!
Just a question fellas..........
Is it wrong to have dreams about another mans RC? ;D

·
Registered
453 Posts
HEHEHE! If it is, im going straight to hell i guese, Because i get dreams everytime i walk into mopar4x's garage.

1 - 20 of 304 Posts