Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i've decided to go with the 4 inch Rough Country lift system complete with rear springs. From what i've been reading on here (RCC RULES ;D ;D) I probably will not have to get longer drive shafts, but will i have to do any other modifications? Drop the t-case? I am also getting the pitman arm.

Also would there be more modifications with a 5 inch? And who makes a 5 inch kit for my ram? If i will need longer drive shafts then i will stick with the 4 inch kit.

I really have to say thanks ALOT to ALL the RCC members on here because they have been a ton of help and i really appreciate it ;D

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
a 4" is the cut off for all major modifications. Of course, there might always be an exception, but in general a 4" does not need longer drive shafts or dropped t-case or any of that. The steering and eventually some extended brake lines are about the only thing that comes to mind.
With 5" and above you start to get into the driveline geometry issue, forcing you to some more modifications, such as driveshafts, dropped t-case etc.
If you check out http://www.rockymountainsusp.com, they list all kinds of lifts for your truck and are a sponsor of the site. Specifically, you can get a 5" lift from either Superlift or BDS.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks santak I'll check rockymountain out. I'm thinking it might be easier to get a 4 inch suspension and a 2 or 3 inch body instead of getting a 5 or 6 inch suspension lift?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
just don't forget that you need to make some modifications also with a body lift that high: shifter linkage, radiator/fan shroud....stuff, that won't run you as much as a new driveshaft and such, but it seems there is no such thing as a "free lunch" :)

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Just make sure you loosen the brackets for the brake lines and you wiring for your CAD first then when you'e done, just tighten the them back up.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So is the rough country a pretty good kit? Or should i look for another system?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
look into the product review board. I guess you'll find some postings about that kit. :)

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
santak said:
look into the product review board. I guess you'll find some postings about that kit. :)
I will do that, thanks alot! :)

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will i need the pitman arm with this kit? I am kind of tight on money...:(

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
If youre tight on money wait to do the pitman arm. However you won't be able to turn as tight in one direction as you can the other. I think that the pitman arm is only $90, its really better to get in and get it done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts