Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little Hell's Revenge wheeling from Moab.

Carwash Hot Tub (The big one)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Driving down escalator. Keep arms inside the ride at all times. ;D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more:

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
PJTPW said:
Driving down escalator. Keep arms inside the ride at all times. ;D
Head's are a different story ;D.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forey76 said:
that is just cool! ;D when did you chop the cab?
I ditched the cab after Easter Jeep Safari this year. I fell into the crack on golden spike trail and trashed it out. And it was mainly rust anyway. ;D

Everything above the frame rails I fabbed, and just skinned out the cage with the Dodge sheetmetal.

Basically I was showing off for 4 wheel and offroad. And it worked, I got my pic in the mag with the easter jeep coverage. ;D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going......

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gone....

This is the pic that made the mag. And yes that 44 was wedged in under the crack. Took 3 winches to get me out and I crushed the rear spring perches into a U-shape. :eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My favorite:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
What size tube did you use to build the truggy and what type of bender?
It's mostly 2x.120 wall HREW 1010 tube. The Stinger is the only piece of 2 x .120 DOM on the truck and it's a ton more durable than the HREW.

Bent it with a manual Pro-Tools 105 HD with a 2" x 240* 6" CLR die.
If you go with DOM then get a good cheater bar. It's a bit of work to bend 2 x .120 wall DOM with a 4 foot cheater bar!

Did all the notching on a pro-tools notcher. The one that you can offset the notches. Don't remember the model number.

If you plan on building something to use more than one season go with 1020 DOM. It has twice the strength of HREW. My cage has held up to a few flops fine, but it dents way more easily than DOM.

Also, diameter makes way more of a difference than wall thickness regarding strength. 2" tube is about 50% stronger and stiffer than 1.75" and the weight difference is minimal. Especially for what we wheel.

I plan to transfer everything into a buggy in the spring anyway. Maybe next winter.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
dang pics all gone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.