Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we go for EJS, what days of the event should we plan to attend? We talked about getting there Saturday, and wheeling Sunday and Monday, yes? Trying to plan. I'm whipping up some local interest too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Saturday is a mad house, but must be experienced. Wheeling that day generally sucks. Even leaving at 7:00 am, a ton of people beat up to the trailhead.

Sunday and Monday would be good, everyone is leaving / has already left.

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
EJS is currently planned for March 19 - 27, 2005.
http://www.rr4w.com/EasterJeepSafari

I usually show up on Friday, wheel Big Saturday with the Jeep Safari, then wheel on our own Sunday and Monday. I guess that means wheeling March 26, 27, 28. If you register, you are eligible for the HUGE prize drawing on the Friday night before Big Saturday at the Spanish Trails area just south of the KOA where the huge vendor fair is held.

To be honest, I've never thought the crowds during EJS were that bad, but I've always avoided the drunk crowds near Dump Bump and Potato Salad. And if you're wheeling with an official EJS group on Big Saturday (and line up near the front) it can be a lot of fun.

If you plan to wheel with the Safari, you'll need to register. To register you'll need to get on the mailing list to recieve the EJS newspaper with the registration form.
http://www.rr4w.com/EasterJeepSafari/mailinglistform.html

·
3,753 Posts
What official trail do you want to run with the Safari this year Trent? I'll probably register this year for one trail.

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
I don't know, hadn't thought about it yet. I think it's fun to sign up for one I haven't done before. Got any ideas?

·
3,753 Posts
Have you done the rim trail?

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Sorry I haven't got back to you, I'm waiting for another guy to tell me what he's interested in doing. I've never done Moab Rim, and I'd like to. I've done Behind the rocks, well most of it, but I want to do it again. BTR was one of the very first trails I ever ran in my RC, and it had a u-joint in the front driveshaft go dry and made a lot of noise, so I didn't have as much fun as I wanted.

I know BTR is very long, so I wonder how long it'd take to run on an EJS run.

·
3,753 Posts
Yeah long trails during Easter do turn unbearably long, the Rim trail isn't too long but it's a one way in, one way out only so it takes 2x as long.

·
Registered
53 Posts
my favorite trail is hell's revenge, but i think it is just about everyone elses favorite too. i always try to avoid the crowds and do what everyone else isnt doing. i've had the best luck with starting a trail a little later in the day. it seems as if everyone tries to beat the rush first thing. i take my time in the morning, make a good breakfast, and then head out. by about ten the crowds at the trail heads have died down a little and you can take your time to enjoy the obstacles without a mile long line behind you. of course there will always be a million people there but it isnt quite as bad.
for camping i recomend getting there by at least thursday. all the spots are taken after that. we went late last year and ended up about 20 miles out of town on the river bank.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
you guys still heading out to moab? takin any pictures? i wanna see em lol

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
i was going to go,but my 318 is dead.(tear)

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
anyone got a good site for Moab? im trying to find out if there is any mud there or not... basically thinking ahead to the trip down in 06

·
3,753 Posts
ole red said:
anyone got a good site for Moab? im trying to find out if there is any mud there or not... basically thinking ahead to the trip down in 06
Very little mud usually, what is there dries out quick.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Flake said:
ole red said:
Very little mud usually, what is there dries out quick.
thanks flake. i had heard there were a bunch of creek crossings, but wasnt so sure about it since it s basically a desert

·
Registered
846 Posts
But I have seem creek crossing that can have quicksand in them and but any rig on it's frame down there!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:\'(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts