Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT:  Looks like early October (8-10) will work the best for my work schedule...and yes I'm near certain I can make those a hard date.  No, really! :p ;D

While we do typically 'eat on the town' we are planning to enjoy the campgrounds and utilize the grilles and actually cook some steaks :).  We're actually looking at having some good friends coming with - sort of a friends-n-family gig, and so we're looking at renting one of the big cabins in the KOA and cramming in our team in there.  They have a kitchen, etc - little more room than the standard cabins. 

Still planning to do a couple of the fun trails (like 7-mile and Fins, maybe HR and Fins) and some 'exploration' of the area for future trips.

We're also likely going to bring the mountain bikes and do a day at slickrock.  Probably stay in a cabin at the usual KOA south of town.  

Anyone else thinking about going?

- Sam

·
Administrator
60,516 Posts
I'll mark it off on the calendar, mainly to meet many of you guys. I don't think I'll be up to any wheeling, But we'll see how things play out as we get closer. With me, its day by day, so no guarantees at this point.

George

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll  be there been trying to get a new business started so I had to cancel my spring trips to moab but by sept I should be able to brake away for a couple days.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I oughta be here. :)  RC unlikely but possible. Truck still running at this point. :) Bring it on ;)

·
29,552 Posts
Too soon to say for me, but it mostly depends on if the easy crowd shows up, if not, I may just come down to socialize and spend our days biking.  ;)

·
Premium Member
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...the 'easy' crowd?....just what do ya mean by that'n Kendall?? ;D  We're bringing Red and it has 31" tires, Ben is coming with his otherwise stock 2500 Cummins, I'm bettin' Andy will be there with Beck and their Jeep, and I'm also bettin' Homer brings his RC finally. 

What we tentatively have planned is 2 days of trails, probably Fins and 7-mile (or other similar), a day of mntn biking, and maybe a day with the quads or just exploring the area.  We're in the 'easy' crowd  ;).

The hardline fellas will likely be there too and they'll likely do their fav's, all good.  But it looks like we'll have a handfull of 'normal' rig just out havin' fun.  We just love 7-mile and Fins {cool}, but probably opt out of Hells this time.

- Sam

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
No promises but, if I can get the time off and a vehicle reliable enough to make it I will be there. If I do make it I will most likely have a few people with me as well.

That time of year always makes for a good birthday present to myself.  ;) ;)

Eric

PS: now to just get off of my butt and get to work on the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Mad Max said:
The hardline fellas will likely be there too and they'll likely do their fav's, all good. But it looks like we'll have a handfull of 'normal' rig just out havin' fun. We just love 7-mile and Fins {cool}, but probably opt out of Hells this time.

- Sam
I wanna try hells revenge again one day.

·
Premium Member
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was talking with Keith and he'll likely come with his Blazer, and he also mentioned Hells.  Maybe we'll do Fins on day 1 and Hells on day 2 {cool}.  7-mile is fun but reaaal bumpy...

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
I liked 7 mile. I went in 2006. Tried Hells Revenge and pretzeled my rear drive shaft. Took me out of the fight. Oh well. I got to ride Fins with Kthaxton!!! I loved it, it was great. Now I need to ride it myself some time. Wont be able to make it at all this year. Always next year or see if the UT guys would do a run. Moab was the best wheelin trip I have ever done. That was also becuase we drove my truck from Stagecoach, NV down US 50 to UT. It was a great sight seeing trip.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The view from the top of Gold Bar Rim is spectacular and the trail isn't all that long or as rough as others.  There is a pretty good ledge, but I think Heep safari filled it in a bit with rocks to make it more like the rest of the trail.  I think Gold Bar in the morning and Fins afterward would be a great combination.
But of course, do what is comfortable (or maybe just a little outside of that for fun) and enjoy the scenery.  I find HR (less a couple of optional obstacles) not all that bad in my truck, but it is far from my favorite cause I don't really like heights.  Fins still lets you play on the slickrock. ;D

·
Premium Member
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My work schedule may require bumping the date 1 week to the right to Oct 1-3.  To far out to call...

Ken I like the idea of other good fun trails.  We'll rely on you and Kendall for that kind of insight when we get closer  :).

- Sam

·
Premium Member
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awesome {cool}. It's looking like we're going to have 5 trucks just from our own little click here - both our RCs, Keith's Blazer, Homers 87 RC (419 stroker...and maybe Nacho's old wheels/tires!), and...Paddy's Wagon. Maybe more, looking good :)

·
Premium Member
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll check my work schedule again to see if the Sept weekend is back open again -

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
So, should I leave Bubba box-stock, except for the 31" tires, and run it like that? Kind of see what a stock RC can do?

I have the date on my calendar...

·
Premium Member
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...okay...how does 8-10 Oct sound to everyone? My work schedule looks to be free and clear that weekend - the earlier two weeks got walked on. We're still planning to travel Thursday 7 Oct and Monday 11 Oct, trail runs Fri and Sat, and mountainbiking Sunday...at least that's our tentative itinerary.

GunPilot said:
So, should I leave Bubba box-stock, except for the 31" tires, and run it like that? Kind of see what a stock RC can do?
I think most of the trucks this time out will be set up more or less 'stock', and my RC will be riding on 31's, so yeah I'd say leave it as-is.

About the only thing I'd really suggest for upgrades are; for sure a good spare tire, reliable radiator cooling/fan system, and I think a power steering cooler can be a real benefit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.