Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just would like to know who in the missouri chapter is active with the entire web site on a regular basis and what does everyone do for a living, i know about doug but that is a bout it. i am a stay home dad and reserve police officer, and i am in columbia, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
I'm pretty active with the vehicle help board and tech board.

I just started working weeknights so my weekends are free now. I'm up for offroading.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have an 88 dodge ram 4x4. It has a dana 44 front and dana 60 rear. The drive train is 318 mated to a 727 with a married 241 t-case. It's pretty rough on the outside but its a real strong runner. Oh yeah the part I really like is it's a short bed.~Zach

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey zach welcome to the site and the missouri chapter looking forward to hearing from you soon. ohh yes i was thinking of a bbq sometime soon for the missouri guys i will provide the meat, deer, fish, ect ect. so if anyone is interested let me know via this board.

· Premium Member
1,432 Posts
i try to stay active with the site mostly i do the help section i might be doing a how to on a double t case and i am going to do some bumpers for our truck because there arnt that many out there all of this is part of my 4x4 shop that i am trying to get off the ground

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey sounds great swampthang, what are you doing with a double tcase, what is the benefit of it?

· Premium Member
1,432 Posts
a doubler t-case gives me the low range of like a 4.11 gear set with a 3.55 so i can run 70 mph and not be rapping out my motor now a doubler is a 205 t-case mated the range box of a 203 a 205 has a gear reduction of 2:1 and a 203 has a gear reduction of 2:1 that gives me 4:1 in the t-case plus the low first of the np435 and then the 3.55 in my gear set for a final gear of ??? ( i dont have all the # in front of me right now i will get back to you on that) but it is low so i get a really loiw range and a good high range when i want it

· Premium Member
1,432 Posts
ok here is the #s you have a np 435 with a low gear (1st) of 6.69 to 1 then you have a np 203 (range box) with a low gear of 1.96 (2 to 1) and then a 205 with a low gear of 2 to 1 and last the axle gears of 3.55 to 1 all of this adds up to a final of 186.19608 to 1 low gear then if you dont want super low you shift the 203 into high and you get 47.499 to 1 low and then if you shift the 205 into high it runs just like a plain 205 set up to get close to this final low with out the doubler you would have to have a axle gear of 14.11 to 1 (just for laughs)

p.s if you have any ??? just ask

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow that i didn't know, however one question is this which tcase do you use for your front drive shaft and how do you work around the other tcase? due to both cases haveing an input shaft, rear output, and front output, just curious never seen this done so i will have to come down and take a look sometime.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i will look into it. hey i have an idea for getting a convoy to ram jam and save everyone some money. i will have it posted on a new topic in our chapter board

· Registered
20 Posts
My name is james. I live in springfield. I do roofing and siding, I own and operate my own bussiness. RIght now I have not much time for play. I am working 7 days a week.
My truck is a 87 RC preaty much stock till I blew the motor out of it. *G*
Right now i have the truck at my fahter in laws. We are rebuilding and replacing a lot of different items. I am also modifying the body to acomidate some flex and larger tires. I used to run the original 3.23 gears with 33 12.5 on it. Did prety good even pulling 5 ton of material or tools. Now i am working on gettting 3/4 ton axles in her and putting a 400 punched to a 455 going to mate that to a 4 speed I have already removed the top and doors Working on sectioning the rear to pull quarters inward. and building a full role cage. GOing to add to much stuff to mention here. should have some pics to post in the future once I get her done. If i can find the time *L* This rig will be a trailer only rig She will not be leagle to run on the streets. IF any one wants to get in touch with me email me at [email protected] I have another 87 Rc for playing around with right now. Both of my Rc's were pulled from the junk yard.

See you all later.

James

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.