Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a wide angle mirror that will replace the stock RC ('85)mirror? I have a stick on one, but it is just in the way.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The mirrors on my '85 SUCK! :mad: My ;89 had the most wonderful mirrors that I have ever had the pleasure of using. Maybe you could find some of the newer style.

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moparman440 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The mirrors on my '85 SUCK! :mad: My ;89 had the most wonderful mirrors that I have ever had the pleasure of using. Maybe you could find some of the newer style.
Thanks!

Was the right side mirror wide angle?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the right mirror was an "objects are closer than they appear" mirror, but they were both very big and wide.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yeah, the '89-93 "Sport" mirrors are real nice. I'm sure they would swap in easily (and they do come in power adjust if you can get lucky and find a pair of those) And yes, the passenger one is convex (Objects in mirror are closer than they appear), but I have a 4" round wide-angle clamp on (the kind with the long mounting rod) mounted above it anyway. Even with the convex stock mirror, there's still a blind spot, and the round one takes care of it. I also want to put one on the driver's side eventually, if I ever think about it while I'm in the area of a 'Zone. One thing though, for some reason, which still makes no sense to me, I once failed inspection in my '85, because I had an extra mirror on the driver's side. You apparantly are not allowed to put an extra mirror which makes it safer on the driver's side.

Matt {peace}

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do the '89-'93 mirrors swing in, for off-roading?

Any idea how to get a stick on mirror back off? I have one on the drivers side and it is in the way.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yes, they will fold in. I would say try a hair dryer to soften the adhesive, or take apart a "snap-off" type box cutter, and use the blade to "saw" through the adhesive behind the stick-on. Once it's off, you can just scrape off the scraps.

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TaZMaNiaK said:
Yes, they will fold in. I would say try a hair dryer to soften the adhesive, or take apart a "snap-off" type box cutter, and use the blade to "saw" through the adhesive behind the stick-on. Once it's off, you can just scrape off the scraps.
Heat, perfect! Why didn't I think of that :)

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts