Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen it mentioned around here a couple times but not with detail. I know 74-94 RC buckets all swap around and the B vans up to 2004 but all I keep finding in the yard is nice seats in the wrong color. What year Caravan / Voyager / Journey / whatever they badge em buckets will bolt on to RC bases? Are all of them the same bolt pattern regardless of trim level?

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I the local u-pull-it yesterday to do some research.

Found several 4th gen (2001-2008) Caravans and Town & Countries. The buckets are about as comfy as the old 80s high backs, have an armrest and recline. The bolt pattern for the seat itself is not anywhere close to matching up with RC bases. The bolt pattern for the manual adjustors is about a 1/2" - 3/4" wider in both directions and could probably be made to work pretty easily. Major show stopper is not enough clearance for the release latch on the passenger side base - by about an inch.

Didn't get a really good look at the power seat tracks as you have to move them all the way forward to get the rear bolts for the bases out. Also didn't have a big enough socket to unbolt the base and yank the hole thing. The bases looked pretty similar, so I'd expect same part for power vs manual.

I must of looked at 10 of the things and noticed that regardless of exterior color, they all had the same interior color - something that wasn't entirely tan but not entirely grey either. I also yanked a PT Cruiser seat because I've heard they fit - not even close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.