Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am determined to get my headers on my truck in the near future. I see references to a mini starter in other header posts. Could someone elaborate on that please? If I run to the parts store for one what exactly do I ask for and the big question, how much?Thanks Dave

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If this is for the '90 in your profile, you already have the mini starter. If not, ask for a starter for a 89-93. They go for around $150 :-\ :-X

Matt {peace}

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Get a starter for a 99 or newer it's smaller than the 89 to 98

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it's for my '90. I didn't know obviously that it had a smaller starter. Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had these headers sitting on my backporch for almost a year now. Haven't had the time to do it myself and I hate to pay a mechanic to put em on for me.Don't have a garage so the weather complicates things but I'm bound to get em on there this spring. Thanks everybody.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
the starter on my 94 is pretty darn small. any smaller and it would be the size of a blower fan motor. I paid $95-99 for a reman from parts store.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whe I crawl under there and look at it will it be obvious if it"s the mini or not? I'm thinking it will be. Ramjet I checked out ebay thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Yeah it will be obvious if you have been around Mopars from the 60's 70's and 80's

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's been a while since I've done this sort of thing but I remember the starter on my 71 Duster was pretty good sized. Put headers on that in high school, boy did that turn into a mightmare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts