Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my wife's new Hyundai Veracruz mice ate right threw two ignition wires.........Of course it's not covered by the warranty ...............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
thats why you use traps instead of poison,if you did use poison a mouse that ate it would not have enough in it to kill even a small dog.trust me i do pest control for a living, if you use poison in the future and your dog gets sick,all the dog need is a shot of vitamin k.the poison is a blood thinner
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
poison can be bad if the mouse dies in between the inner fender and the fender...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,716 Posts
workgoats said:
poison can be bad if the mouse dies in between the inner fender and the fender...
Yes that stink NEVER goes away! {puke}
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
come on guys a mouse stink will go away,now a rat or possum then you have problems.i pulled possums out from underneath a house,they are so blooted that when you move them the gases fill the air and the maggots pour out its gross.when the animal dies they loose bowel control so there is pee and poop smell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,716 Posts
forsyth426 said:
come on guys a mouse stink will go away,now a rat or possum then you have problems.i pulled possums out from underneath a house,they are so blooted that when you move them the gases fill the air and the maggots pour out its gross.when the animal dies they loose bowel control so there is pee and poop smell
Sorry to say that it does stay around. I had a mouse nest with a dead one in it in my truck. I cleaned it out wiped it down and still to this day when it get damp out it stinks. :-\
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
94 bucks a hour for labor and parts at the dealership now... also a steam clean and treatment. Kinda nice we have a big 4 door pick-up (35 a day) for the the long weekend they can't do the car till Tuesday... It's a Chevy but hay if I can get my wife to love driving it 2010 2500 mega cab here we come!!! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,716 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
That also means a mild acid (such as white vinegar) to neutralize odors (after thorough cleaning)
I forgot about that Joe you are right I should have used that too. :-\
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Go with traps.  I have trapped about 15 mice in my garage in last month and have had 2 kinds of poison in there continuously for last year or more - and the poison disappears but the mice obviously don't.  I think maybe I'm winning now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Get a couple of barn cats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,129 Posts
Lol it could have been worse!

When I first read your post i thought it said " Mice ate my wives...."

That would have been way worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
I went to start up my (usual) daily driver, an old '90 Toyota Corolla and it was a no go. First time ever. I open the hood and  :eek:. An enormous rats nest and a mass of chewed wires and vacuum lines. They even chewed a hole in the air box and were living in there. I flushed them out with a hose and almost got one with a shovel. Bastards.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,973 Posts
biffdoggie said:
I went to start up my (usual) daily driver, an old '90 Toyota Corolla and it was a no go. First time ever. I open the hood and :eek:. An enormous rats nest and a mass of chewed wires and vacuum lines. They even chewed a hole in the air box and were living in there. I flushed them out with a hose and almost got one with a shovel. Bastards.
Dang pack rats ... I've had that trouble myself ... if you live in the woods ... I've had a rig just sit three or four days and you have a big a$$ nest on the engine with everything chewed up ... :mad: :p
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top