Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope i wont tread on the toes of any member here with that question:
Found a very attractive 1987 Ramcharger for sale online, price is in high range - condition very good.
While checking the VIN i found out that its a Mexico Ramcharger and i was always looking for a car assembled in the US.
When i am looking at the german oldtimer market for example brasilian VW micro busses are way cheaper than the german ones. Reason is that the they reduced the manufactoring costs in Brasil back then so collectors say they are in worse condition and workmanship.

My question is if its a price reducing fact to you if a RC is not made in the US but in Mexico and if they are technical differences?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I may be way wrong but I believe all the 81 and newer Ramchargers were made in Mexico. 

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Yes I think they were made at the Lago Alberto plant then. The 11th digit in the VIN will be a "M".

Bucky

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry for the misinformation, a lot of Ramchargers were built at the Warren Plant Dodge City near Detroit, MI.

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
All '86 and later Ramchargers were produced in Mexico.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Elwenil said:
All '86 and later Ramchargers were produced in Mexico.
Jives with my '90 RC. Perhaps the lead-in for the rest of the D/W series production '91.5+?

I was surprised to see my '84 RC was built in Canada :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.