Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introduce Yourself to Fellow Arizona Chapter Members

Hello all! I am very excited about getting the RCC Arizona Chapter formed and am looking forward to meeting all of you.

GunPilot and I have two sons, two dogs, and 14 Mopars (the part of our family that keeps growing, and growing, and growing...). The '77 Ramcharger, known as the Ramus, is our trail vehicle. It's also my daily driver, so our intention is not to tear it up on the trail.

We are blessed with the extremely diverse Arizona terrain, offering everything from easy to hardcore. We look forward to many happy trails!

Take care, and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello all, Rick here, I live in Gilbert with my first wife :D (Julie) we have two sons, ages 20 n 10 and one daughter in law. I have been driving Ramchargers for 24 years now, I've seen just about all the ways they can fail. If you have a question about a fix, ASK. I have a garage full of dodge truck stuff looking for a new home, ASK. I love going exploring out towards mineral mountian, coke ovens and box canyon area.
Guess that's nuff for now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hello AZ members!,
My family (wife and small child) live in Chandler. I am 36 and new to four wheeling but not to Mopars. We are looking forward to meeting some members and exploring some of the great trails in AZ and the SW. My 1980 RC is not really modified (some planned for the future) and my trail experience is limited so we will probably be looking for more of the moderate to easy trails to begin with.

There was a small AZ get together a while back on the West side of Phoenix which I missed. Maybe we can plan another one in the near future. ;D

Craig

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hello fellow Zonies
I am Ryan, age 26. I am engaged to Jennifer, age 24. My trucks name is Bubba, age 18. Bubba has a 4"lift and 33's. Bubba needs some work, but he has been pretty reliable so far. I have an engine swap in the near future, so I may need some input from you guys, and possibly a few more hands to tear into it. That isn't for a couple more months (after the wedding). I am anxioous to meet everybody and get some more trail rides under my belt. Glad to see that we have some excited members. Hope to meet everybody soon.

Ryan

By the way, I have been spreading the word about the site. I printed up some of the flyers they had for the site. I also approach just about everybody I see in a Dodge truck, especially the older ones. Has anybody seen the guy driving the mid 80's RC with about 9 inches of lift, all chromed out with the bengal tiger paint job?? Just wondering. I saw him one going south on I17. I was going north so I couldn't flag him down. Looked like a show truck, awesome. Just wondering. Spread the word.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello everyone. This is Chris. I live waaaaaay out here in Yuma on the AZ-CA border with my wife Michelle and our 3 cats, 2 dogs, 3 Ramchargers, 2 Hondas, and 1 Jeep. I really haven't had much time to wheel or fix a few things on the RC's but will make the time for the winter. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and doing some trail rides when it cools off a little. Looking forward to having some fun!

Chris

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's good to hear from everyone.

Hey Chris, I know you mentioned in another post that you'd like to do some trails away from the sand, but...you never know! GP and I have been talking about how fun it would be to go and crawl around in the dunes a little bit.

We plan on doing many of the trails that have been mentioned...just a little while longer until it cools off enough to where we won't get third degree burns touching our door handles! ;D

·
Registered
189 Posts
The dunes sounds good to me Twister. Definitely has to cool off first. I have a question for yoyu though. How do I get my chapter member profile to show my vehicle(s)? For the most part, that info is in my regular member profile. Is there something else you need to get it on the area board? Let me know.
Chris

Sorry, I just looked and it's the contact list that doesn't have the info. I don't want to confuse you.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, I can update the Member Contact List with your vehicle information. Do you want all of the vehicles in your user profile listed, or your primary trail vehicle? If you would like, IM me with the specific information to include and I'll get the list updated for you.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Sounds like you all got it going good, dont forget your neighbors to the east...{smoke}
I think theres more of us in the Four Corner states than anywhere else..

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey CrazyWillie! Nice to see you poking around in here! ;D

Somewhere (may have been on the first Chapter Board) I made a post mentioning the Chapter Leaders of the Four Corner states coordinating an event. I think that would be a blast!

·
Registered
189 Posts
O.K. I have some work to do on it but this is what the end result will be.Here's the info; '76 R/C, 4 inch lift w/33's, 383 hipo, 727 tranny, 203 x-fer case, and an itch for dirt.

Thanks Twister,
Chris

·
Registered
279 Posts
;DHey all, my name is todd and i live in N phoenix. I drive a 88 W250 with 4in susp lift and 2 in body lift, 35/12.50/16.5 bigfoot xt's,4.10 gears, heavy duty front bumper w/winch, and C.B. radio. Her name is old yeller. I finally got all my film from ram jam developed so if any one wants to get together to look at pics , or just to bs and drink a few beers let me know.
Hi twister, looks like you and GP are doin a great job with the AZ chapter so far. If you need any help just ask, and that goes for planning RJ II also. Maybe we can get a trip together soon to go wheelin and maybe do some fishin also.

Todd

·
Registered
660 Posts
Todd its great to hear from you, hadn't seen you around here much since RJ, was startin to wonder. Glad to see you around though.

Metalman sounds like you got a sweet ride brewin.

I think it would be fairly easy to coordinate a four corners get together so we could meet people from other chapters. Just a thought.

Ryan

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey Y'all! New guy. I'm 30, live in N Phoenix with my wife and '88 RC with 8" lift, 35's (want 40's if anyone's selling), 8000lb Warn, lights, tunes, AC!!!!, etc etc etc

Happy to be a part of this. Excited to get to know a few of you and to pick your brains a bit! If anyone needs anything, let me know. I work for myself (prof artist) and my sched's flexy.
Jason 8)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey 440Ramcharger, you snuck in here on us!! Welcome to the greatest Area Chapter on RCC! Arizona has the best gang by far!! ;D

Tell us a little about you and your truck. Did one of our current members turn you on to the site?

We look forward to meeting you in person soon, and hope you'll join in on the discussions, trail rides, and other gatherings!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Hey, Duffy here. I'm 28, live in Maryville ( 59th & Indian School ). I've been an electrician for 7 years, and I've worked on my dads equipment since I was about 8 or 10. If any one needs electrical work done on the vehicle or the house, I can give you pointers, or help out. I'm mechanically inclined, so I could be a big help.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey Twister, thanks for the info on the Pavillions get together in Scottsdale. I met a lot of neat folks. My girlfriend (wife as someone posted after the get together) is Ann. She is a neat gal that owns an FJ40 Landcruiser, 1976 model. My stuff is as follows: 1983 4x4 Ramcharger. 440 engine +.030" Forged TRW's, Hughes HE1423 cam,MP Performance distributor with orange box. Hooker Headers w/ dual exhaust, 850 Thermoquad, Edelbrock Performer intake K&N filter. 727 Torqueflite with hughes Towmaster converter. Dana Trac-lock inside 3.23's

1975 Duster '69 340 engine 2.02 intake valves, Hooker Headers, Weiand Hi-rise intake 800 CFM velocity stack Thermoquad, 284 .484" MP cam MP electronic distributor quick advance springs with orange box. 3.91's in an 8 3/4 sure grip rear end. Factory Hurst 4 speed.

I was just recently laid off from the high tech industry. So if anyone has employement info... I did maintenance and process tech work plus Supervision for the last 6 years. Thank goodness for a healthy severance package! Anyway I have owned the Ramcharger for about the last 12 years or so. It started out as a 318 4 barrel but needed some help on the elk hunts towing a trailer at 7000ft elevation. Thus the 440. I have built many small and big block Mopar engines. plus a few other brands. Anyone needing help with info or turning a wrench, give me a call (I have lots of time on my hands right now) I also have extra Thermoquad parts, cams, a 440 intake 9.25" sure grip unit and other neat stuff in the shed. does the board have a place to post parts for sale? Have not found it yet.
Good to meet you all. Michael

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was me that named Ann as your wife in the Pavillion post. I hope I didn't offend either one of you. :-[

There is a Classifieds section on the site. You can use the link I just provided you for now. FYI, the Classifieds link is located on the grey menu bar at the top of the page under where it says, "Community Center For All Mopar Trucks."

We're glad to hear you and Ann enjoyed your first gathering - and hope you both will be able to join us for many more. Be sure to stay tuned here on our Chapter Board for upcoming activities!

And...we may just call upon you for your wrenching assistance! We've got some work lined up for both the RC and the Duster...be fore warned!! ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
My name is Steve. I am 34 years old. Married with one kid. I live in Glendale, and have lived in Az for 30 years.
I work as a semiconductor equipment technician, for 10 years.
My truck is a 77 Plymouth Trail Duster, 440, A727, NP203, Dana44 FBJ & Crysler 9.25 in. rear. Mod's include Dana track locks, front and rear, 4.56 gears, 33 in BFG AT,
45 gal. gas tank. Soft top & hard top.Borgenson steering shaft, Headers, Edelbrock intake manifold, duel exhaust,
Carter AFB.

I like going 4 wheeling around Lake Pleasant, it is close, and my truck gets 6 mpg.
I am interested in discussing technical issues , trail stuff, ect.
My E-mail is [email protected]

1 - 20 of 195 Posts