Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to trace some things....I saw my fuse box was melted where the A/C fuse is located. What the heck is that about? My A/C work fine, although I really don't run it. Just want to fix a problem before it becomes a bigger problem. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks to all!

·
7,995 Posts
Welcome to Mopar wiring and the multiple circuits that draw too much current. This is a constant problem as Mopar didnt start using relays until the mid 90's. You need to pull that fuse block apart and see whats goin on,if nothing else to prevent more damage. Dsconnect the battery before doing so. Your options are to try to fix the old fuse block, get a new one from Mopar($15) and you should consider wiring in at least one relay for the high blower motor setting...this is the setting that draws too much current through the fuse block,

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Chump said:
Your options are to try to fix the old fuse block, get a new one from Mopar($15)
Really?? They actually still have the blocks?? Does it come with all the terminals & busbars for $15 or is it just the shell? I could use a new one for my '89, 'cuase mine is starting to melt too. Have a part #?

Thanks,
Matt {peace}

·
7,995 Posts
TaZMaNiaK said:
Chump said:
Your options are to try to fix the old fuse block, get a new one from Mopar($15)
Really?? They actually still have the blocks?? Does it come with all the terminals & busbars for $15 or is it just the shell? I could use a new one for my '89, 'cuase mine is starting to melt too. Have a part #?

Thanks,
Matt {peace}
Hey Taz...I have a new one in a sealed bag that I ordered from Mopar a few months ago. I sometimes order parts just out of curiosity. ??? There is a small package of something in the bag and I assume it's some of the terminals...maybe bus bars?...but I think what they have done is to use the actual crimp on terminals on the end of the wires to hold the plug in fuse. The crimp on terminals would lock into the fuse block...I don't have a truck to look at so I am going by best guess...I'll look for it when I get home and see what else I can find out. I believe that Mopar said this fuse block works for trucks from the early 80's through 93.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I just pull the A/C wires from the block, add an inline fuse, and then a relay? How should I do this?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts