Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to organize a get-together, hopefully be able to do it soon.

I've never been to Browns Camp, and it looks like good wheelin. Figure we'd make a day out of it. wheel, BBQ lunch, wheel, BBQ dinner, and finish off with some night wheelin. ;D

Anyone gonna have some free time coming up soon? Ian's gonna help me out with getting my truck back on the road, and as soon as it is, I HAVE to feed my craving for some wheelin.... :)

Not sure when I'll have it running, but hopefully won't be too long. I have to talk to Ian some more.

Anyway, sound like fun?

Nick

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in Tillamook. Near Sand Lake. Not too far from you. I'm gonna talk to Ian (hardway42) tomorrow, and see when the transmission I'm going to get from him will be ready. That way, we'll be able to get a date and time set up.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Browns camp is on the peak of the Hwy 6 pass through the coastal range. it is appoximately 65 miles from I5 at portland.

Nick, I would only be able to take the truck if I put a new cam in the 360, but Earl says he will pull a good stock used 360 cam and lifters in a couple of weeks that I can have. I would also have to put in the 4 speed, which needs a clutch and the flywheel resurfaced. So, It might have to stay home.

How does the end of september sound? by mid october, the 440 could be done (we have to see what happens with the damn refinance)

Skysho, you could make a trip up to my house in the morning, Loy could meet us there, and we could figure out carpooling then.

I also could probably round up a couple of jeeps, and possible a gigantic long ass chevy if we wanted more company, and winches nearby (hint hint)

We would defininatly be able to get Slickwillie to come, as long as he is in the country and not chopping mint, farmer Bob... Hope you dont mind me speaking for you, Brian.

anybody feel free to give me a call. 503-232-7088

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hardway42 said:
Browns camp is on the peak of the Hwy 6 pass through the coastal range. it is appoximately 65 miles from I5 at portland.

Nick, I would only be able to take the truck if I put a new cam in the 360, but Earl says he will pull a good stock used 360 cam and lifters in a couple of weeks that I can have. I would also have to put in the 4 speed, which needs a clutch and the flywheel resurfaced. So, It might have to stay home.

How does the end of september sound? by mid october, the 440 could be done (we have to see what happens with the damn refinance)

Skysho, you could make a trip up to my house in the morning, Loy could meet us there, and we could figure out carpooling then.

I also could probably round up a couple of jeeps, and possible a gigantic long ass chevy if we wanted more company, and winches nearby (hint hint)

We would defininatly be able to get Slickwillie to come, as long as he is in the country and not chopping mint, farmer Bob... Hope you dont mind me speaking for you, Brian.

anybody feel free to give me a call. 503-232-7088
End of September sounds awesome for me.

I gotta find that oil leak too we saw when you came up, Ian. That was a good one!

As for the flywheel, you can usually get away with scuffin it up and taking the glaze off with some fine grit sandpaper, then brakeclean it off.

Whats everybody like as far as food goes? Got a ton of stuff in the freezer; steaks, ribs, etc. Have to get a cooler...

P.S. How hard is a Trac-Lok to install Ian? (hint, hint) ;D

·
Registered
299 Posts
YESSSSSSS!!!!! I'm down for the Brown! We should be done with mint in a couple of weeks. Ian, I got an email from my real job, we didn't get the big contract, so who knows when I'm going back over there. Hopefully, this BC run will be better than the last time. If Kyle comes, he goes to the back of the line ;).

Anyway, let's get this rolling. I'm ready & willing. ;D

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its suposed to rain this weekend :\'( ;D but that means i have to put my top back on soon and that just aint right! :mad:

any ways Browns camp sounds like a sweet place we should try to nail down the date so i can request time off work

Look forward to meeting you guys !

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Ramchargin25! Welcome to the site! And, welcome to the Oregon board.

Hopefully it does rain. That way the parks will be open, and the trails will be sloppier ;D

Talked to Ian (hardway42), and he really wants to bring his truck, and if he doesn't, I'd be one of the few with rigs there, so, we need to give him some time. And me as well, still got to get the tranny back from him (being built) and installed in my truck. For a date, well, Lets go ahead and set it for the 27th. Is that ok with everyone? Its the last Saturday of the month.

Look forward to meetin you guys!

·
Registered
30 Posts
sounds good to me now i gotta come up with about a million for gas god knows that 440 is a thursty motha!

and swap my new axle in and im good to go I will have my rig there and at 100% hopefully

I can also most likely get another buddy with a 78 RC to come along and if i decide i need a buddy to make look bad i have more than enough that drive blazers ;D ::) but if you all want some buddy to come down and make us look bad i also could bring along my jeep bud (probably the best street leagle off road beast in northurn OR!) :\'(

any ways look forward to seein you all

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RamChargin25 said:
sounds good to me now i gotta come up with about a million for gas god knows that 440 is a thursty motha!

and swap my new axle in and im good to go I will have my rig there and at 100% hopefully

I can also most likely get another buddy with a 78 RC to come along and if i decide i need a buddy to make look bad i have more than enough that drive blazers ;D ::) but if you all want some buddy to come down and make us look bad i also could bring along my jeep bud (probably the best street leagle off road beast in northurn OR!) :\'(

any ways look forward to seein you all
Hopefully you can get it together. More people the better. Your RC has a 440 eh? Look forward to seein it!

pdxshorty said:
if ya want one more, I'm in! ...Bill
Of course Bill! Like I said, the more people , the better it'll be!

Rained on the coast yesterday and today, hopefully this will help the fire hazard...

Nick

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 440 is perrrrdy ;D :p I will probably post pics befor the trip anyway!

I hope i can make it i put in a request for that day off but there is a guy at the shop that is going to be out for about 3-4 weeks for sejury so i have no idea weather or not i will be able to get off ???

I was a big thunder and lightning storm here in SE portland today! ???

·
Registered
299 Posts
Has it been raining a lot on the coast? It's rained some here, but not too much. As dry as it's been, it will need to rain quite a bit to make it soupy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't know ???They haven't updated the page since Sept 2.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
ALRight (damn caplocks button...)

We should wait to find out what is up with the land closure before we set a date and ask for time off, etc.

On the other hand, if we wait to long, you wont be able to get the time off, so might as well ask.

if browns aint open, there is always sand lake (that makes ya happy, dont it farmerbob...)

Or goat mountain, which is east of portland by 40 miles (I know, Nick, that means more driving for you) but it may also be closed due to fire danger.

I think I better go turn in these job applications so that I can go home and finish taking Nick's tranny apart.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.