Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i go to leave work and the r/c acts as if its missing or out of time but no misfire or backfire. give it gas and it kicks like a mule and dies. (it ran fine going to work.)

i sputter to my inlaws. i pull the cap and clean it and the button hoping it was that simple. didnt help. so i get it warmed up and check the fluid on the trans,almost 2 qts low have to run just under full cuz of the shift link seal is bad.

n-e-way i add a qt of fluid and a bottle of lucas trans fix. it helps after i get going over 35. n-e-thing under that if its not rolling will make it kick and kill the truck. now if i start in 1st gear its not so bad and manually shift it.

does anyone know what could possible cause a trans to work fine in the morning and just take a crap 9 hours later?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres a better description now that im not mad.

it acts like trying to start out in 3rd gear and dumping the clutch on a standard.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump this up again in hope of help

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Sounds like a lockup converter problem or a pluged up filter/jacked valvebody in the trans

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna try to change the fluid thursday if not sooner.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I know a little about trannys its been about 6 years since I've been into one. I decided a warantee is a good thing. A lockup converter will act like a clutch being dumped if its not behaving corectly. The tranny valve body controls that. A pluged filter will cause every thing to misbehave. Another thing to look at is the linkage to the carb if its off or out of adjustment it will cause mayhem for the trans

1 - 6 of 6 Posts