Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i've been asking this for months, but someone with a secret is bound to run across one of my posts one of these days.

I have a 2WD stock clearance with 31x10.5x15 tires on 15x7 rims. I'd like to fit 33x12.50x15 tires with 15x10 rims under there. This has to be possible somehow. I've ran across a 3" body lift, but most people say that's not enough. Is there something else I can add to the 3" body lift to where I can get them 33x12.5x15 tires under there?

I could probably fit 33's on my rear right now. The front would probably have to be lifted.

Or, could I do the 3" lift and go with 33x11.5x15 tires?

I don't know. I'm open to any suggestion that has tested positive.

Here are some lifts.

edit: fixed link

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Another option that should give some lift would be to get a pair of coils from a 2wd Ram with the Cummins in it..

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Although the is a "How To" on this subject, there are a few limitations to the stock 2wd suspension you should be aware of. There is alot of interference between the upper control arms and the frame mounted upper coil spring bucket. It's as if the factory designed the upper bucket to actually limit the downward movement of the suspension. You can lift the truck according to the "How To" article, but downward suspension movement is greatly reduced. If it's possible to make a tubular upper control arm to clear the upper spring bucket, the suspension will move more freely.

Ed

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
is this going to be a street truck or will it be wheeled? i would imagine that 33x12.5 would fit a street truck with a 3in body lift. could always go with 33x11.5s as well.

Duane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts