Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....all new brake lines, new calipers front & rear.

The pedal is mushy. I gravity bled them, and pressure bled them twice, with driving time in between. No air comes out when they are bled at the calipers.

I was wondering if it's the master cylinder or maybe the prop valve, and what your ideas are........

The brakes work, but the pedal is a bit low for my tastes, and even with discs all around, it won't lock up the tires.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
sounds like what my PW was doing after i bought it. turned out to be the master. same things happining now after it came back fromt he shop. i will be replacing all the flex lines to ensure thats not the problem and new pads and rotors just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I am in the same boat as you right now-I just replaced the master cylinder and bench bleed it. Still no brakes. I have gravity bleed the lines and have done just about everything I know to do and I still can't get the brakes to work. Some one said you have to recenter the prop valve but I don't know if I have achieved that or not. Should be simple but it has been the biggest pain on this truck to get the brakes to work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
last time i had the same problem it turned out to be a bad proportion valve. i capped off the master cyl and pushed the pedle ant it held pressure but when i bled the brakes you had fluid out the bleeders but it was kinda weak so i tapped on the prop valve and got more pedle but still not what it used to be, so i heated it up and beat the snot out of it, then it was brakes as usual. so i replaced it and they work 4.0

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ok so the prop valve was bad-What are the problems with taking the prop valve completely off. I know you want the front to do most of the work and in certain conditions the back end came come around but what if? I can not find a prop valve ( called several places). I am beginning to think this may be my problem. I can hear air in it when the brakes are press and then released but can not get the air out of the prop valve. I can crack the bleeders and have fluid come out. Are the 40 dollar adjustable valves through summit a good replacement for the OE valve. I am at witts end here with these brakes!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts