Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good off the shelf replacement MC for a factory 4 wheel disc setup that will bolt on?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm guessing that no one has responded to you because we are not sue what you are bolting it on to. Any replacement MC will work fine if your proportioning valve is set up correctly.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's to replace the MC on a 93 Diesel. I need one that pushes more volume to the rear brakes as calipers require more fluid to move than wheel cylinders for drums.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I got 4 wheel discs i don't have a problem with the master

·
7,995 Posts
Glenn..forgive me for sounding somewhat inept...but I do not see any listings in the factory parts book for rear disk brakes on a 93. Am I dreaming? ???

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Your not dreaming Chump he probably added it himself, but there is no braking problem with the regular master

G

·
I may be totaly off the wall but I am assuming that you are not able to keep a firm pedal when you first hit the brakes. If that is the problem go to www.tsmmfg.com and order a 2lb residule valve. That will keep the calipers tighter to the rotor to eliminate that problem. What calipers are you using?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chump, I installed another rear axle I had that has disc brakes.

Gmule, that is exactly the problem, thanks! Brakes work well, the pedal is just too spongy.

I had this problem before with this particular axle setup w/ a mastercylinder setup for discs/drums, I gutted the proportioning valve to get the rears to work at all, but always had a spongy pedal. Now I'd like to just have a firmer pedal. This time around I just bypassed the prop. valve altogether, easy enough w/ all the extra line coiled up.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
I have the same issue...they work, but I want a better feel at the pedal....I got the residual valv,e but have yet to put it in. Got to get the correct fittings first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts