Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good off the shelf replacement MC for a factory 4 wheel disc setup that will bolt on?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's to replace the MC on a 93 Diesel. I need one that pushes more volume to the rear brakes as calipers require more fluid to move than wheel cylinders for drums.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I got 4 wheel discs i don't have a problem with the master

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Your not dreaming Chump he probably added it himself, but there is no braking problem with the regular master

G

·
I may be totaly off the wall but I am assuming that you are not able to keep a firm pedal when you first hit the brakes. If that is the problem go to www.tsmmfg.com and order a 2lb residule valve. That will keep the calipers tighter to the rotor to eliminate that problem. What calipers are you using?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chump, I installed another rear axle I had that has disc brakes.

Gmule, that is exactly the problem, thanks! Brakes work well, the pedal is just too spongy.

I had this problem before with this particular axle setup w/ a mastercylinder setup for discs/drums, I gutted the proportioning valve to get the rears to work at all, but always had a spongy pedal. Now I'd like to just have a firmer pedal. This time around I just bypassed the prop. valve altogether, easy enough w/ all the extra line coiled up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.