Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run an '82 power ram 4x4...360/727/208. When i excelerate at around 30mph it sounds like loose marbles in the t-case. the faster i go, it sounds like it might go away or its just covered up by engine noise, dont this t-case run by chain? Can it be adjusted?....and if it is not fixed what will happen???... ??? :eek: :\'(

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Yea it runs by chain. No it can't be adjusted. I also thought the chain don't turn unless its in 4wd but i could be wrong on that.

·
Registered
419 Posts
your needle bearings might be going out. if so you can get a kit for it but the kit is around $200.00 bucks for the 208 or if it is a 203 it will be around$270.00 good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No vibration at all......When I go in and out of gear there is the usual clunking of the drivetrain that we all love on our trucks, but I also hear clunks from the front of the truck. MY question is , does the front shaft turn when in 2 wheel drive??? ???

·
Registered
891 Posts
sig sauer said:
your needle bearings might be going out. if so you can get a kit for it but the kit is around $200.00 bucks for the 208 or if it is a 203 it will be around$270.00 good luck
And if that's the case you'd be much better off buying a new t-case (for less then $100).

·
Registered
328 Posts
if you [lan on rebuilding it, i could send you a copy of the video, pretty easy to do ....

G

·
yes your chain and d-shaft will turn when not in 4wd. it just wont have power to it . it sounds like your chain is loose and hitting the side of the case.put it in 4 hi and the noise should go away.then you will know it is time to change the chain.
p.s. dont leave it in 4 hi when you're done with this test.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
bass-ackwards said:
No vibration at all......When I go in and out of gear there is the usual clunking of the drivetrain that we all love on our trucks, but I also hear clunks from the front of the truck. MY question is , does the front shaft turn when in 2 wheel drive??? ???
Mine does, if the hubs are in. I'm having a problem keeping the rear of the front driveshaft bolted to the t-case, since the bolts keep backing out, even if I put nuts on the other end. I guess I'll have to start using lock washers too. ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts