Dodge RamCharger Central banner
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,829 Posts
The EPA is the government. They might employ scientists but they are government workers first and foremost.

Your state emissions inspectors are government.

These peoples jobs are to protect their jobs, expand government, take money out of your pocket.

You are a smart guy, you were t born yesterday. Do you not recognize patterns? It’s never about their purported purposes.
You could ask any scientist not employed by the government, they'll tell you the same thing. Pollution is bad for you. It's weird to have to argue this with somebody.

The EPA protects the environment in the same way the Patriot Act protects patriots.
Perhaps you need a history lesson on what was happening before the EPA?

·
Super Moderator
29,829 Posts
Agreed, all the pollution is bad. Society has grown to a level where we (royal we) are unable to just turn it off. Instead, we beat around the bush with economic games and gimmicks instead of addressing the ever-quickening disposability cycle.
Why is it you think limiting emissions is not an effective way of reducing emissions? There is verifiable evidence that emission regulations has improved air quality. Ask the folks in LA.

The disposability cycle, if I am understanding you correctly, has little to no effect on air emissions, it is virtually all solid wastes/ground pollution (the portions not recyclable anyway). These pollutants, can be controlled, easily. Don't go dig them up and eat them, and you'll be fine. What are you going to do with polluted air? Walk away from it?

With our continued population boom, if emission regulation wasn't put in place in the 70's, we'd be in a world of hurt.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You could ask any scientist not employed by the government, they'll tell you the same thing. Pollution is bad for you. It's weird to have to argue this with somebody.

Perhaps you need a history lesson on what was happening before the EPA?
The scientists you speak of don’t have the force of law behind them. They aren’t the ones that concern me.

I’m well aware of why the EPA came to be. And I can tell you that trying to define the gutters on my house as a navigable waterway isn’t keeping the Cuyahoga river from catching on fire.

Mission creep. Look it up. They now think they can control everything from what car you should be allowed to buy to how much rain gets absorbed into the ground on your own damned property.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
The scientists you speak of don’t have the force of law behind them. They aren’t the ones that concern me.

I’m well aware of why the EPA came to be. And I can tell you that trying to define the gutters on my house as a navigable waterway isn’t keeping the Cuyahoga river from catching on fire.

Mission creep. Look it up. They now think they can control everything from what car you should be allowed to buy to how much rain gets absorbed into the ground on your own damned property.
Washington is bad with that too. I have places on my property that I can't build a shed or anything within 200 feet of because once every 100 years it MIGHT flood. They also want to charge me a tax on my septic system out in the middle of nowhere, and 3000 feet from the nearest river, to pay for inspections on septic systems 40 miles away on the Puget Sound.

·
Super Moderator
29,829 Posts

So, this is your explanation for why air pollution doesn't matter?

Trust men, air pollution is bad for you. More of it is worse than less of it.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Why is it you think limiting emissions is not an effective way of reducing emissions? There is verifiable evidence that emission regulations has improved air quality. Ask the folks in LA.

The disposability cycle, if I am understanding you correctly, has little to no effect on air emissions, it is virtually all solid wastes/ground pollution (the portions not recyclable anyway). These pollutants, can be controlled, easily. Don't go dig them up and eat them, and you'll be fine. What are you going to do with polluted air? Walk away from it?

With our continued population boom, if emission regulation wasn't put in place in the 70's, we'd be in a world of hurt.
I'm dumbfounded this is such a difficult concept.

Manufacturing goods, processing raw materials, and processing waste/recycling (and transporting it all) is a big chunk of air pollution. The coal burned for electricity to run factories is air pollution. Building and maintaining the roadways, bridges, etc to move all this stuff is more air pollution.

Why commute 50 miles a day instead of 5 or 10, why even daily? Why a new smartphone or computer every 2-3 years?

Limiting emissions, but continuing and increasing the same practices is counterproductive. We need some fundamental habit changes; not just a marketing ploy to buy the next one because it's somehow 'greener'.

Get it?

Reactions: Hellrico

·
Super Moderator
29,829 Posts
You have been challenging the rules that limit air emissions on vehicles. You haven't effectively supported that with logic.

You mentioned transporting goods....wouldn't lower emitting types of transportation help that issue? I think it would. More pollution bad, less good.

The gubment isn't forcing the population to buy new phones, drive 50 miles ect ect, the population is doing it at its own free will. Are you proposing the government should mandate mileage driven, how often you can buy new electronics etc? I wonder how that would go over with this audience?

Again, you are not supporting the argument that limiting vehicle emissions is bad or not needed.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
So, this is your explanation for why air pollution doesn't matter?

Trust men, air pollution is bad for you. More of it is worse than less of it.
You could always stop breathing. You are polluting. Wouldn’t that help?

Simple concept huh? Less people, less pollution. Maybe we should just kill a bunch of people?

·
Super Moderator
29,829 Posts
If that is your proposal, so be it. I doubt that will go over well.

I bet most (that are currently living) would stick with the idea of lower emissions however.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Buh... buh... but... Cowfarts! Right AOC? The lefts darling little know it all...

·
Registered
96 Posts
YUP,
For one of my kids science project, he did a presentation of ''how many miles does a pair of jeans do before you wear it'' you will be surprise. He had a ''flat earth map'' with each manucfacturing/transforming destination.
I remember a conversation I had with a colleague(tree hugger wanabe) a while back. She was happy to state that she fillup her recycle bin every week. I burst her balloon by saying that she consume a lot of packaging..

We are not a perfect environmental friendly family but,
When wife and I got married (14 years ago, still happy with her), most of wedding stuff were rented, second handed and food/wine/beer was grown/done locally (within 20 miles). We even gave a bottle of wine for each full car of guest, 2 bottles for a full minivan:).

RCC should start a forum with ''What have you done for the environment lately'' hahaha.

I will start:
We try to buy bulk food as much as we can. We cook a lot.
Our meat(chicken/beef) is grown/butcher locally. It cost a little more, but.
I work from home (did refuse some good job offer). May not be applicable for all. but it is ok for me.
I wear my clothes to the limit (to my wife dispair).
My son saved/fix a dodge Dart that was heading to srap yard. 1.4L turbo 6 speed. fun little beast.
HEY, my RC is running on LPG...

·
Registered
241 Posts
This is another perfect example of why NOBODY should be on Facebook. It was created to be a spy on the entire world and this is the evidence. I'm so glad that I stood strong and never once created a Facebook account, or any similar accounts. It's bad enough that I have a cellphone and Wi-Fi.
100 percent. I only recently created an account but only for marketplace. Fake username, no profile, no posts ever. Just the never ending search for mopar stuff lol. Now we gotta do the race, whos off the cellphone first lol. Hate the thing but often need it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Nothing I said was with the intention of asserting "why bother". We (The USA) can cut all the emissions we want and there still be a hole growing in the ozone because of the emissions some other countries around the other side of the globe (or another sector of CCB's floating flat Earth). I should have used the word diminishes in place of negates, but their actions DO affect us. Not as much as our own actions do, but it still trickles this way. When the Rooskies were toying around with tzar bomba the rest of the world detected the blast wave.

Bucky

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Not everyone deletes diesels to "roll coal"....Do you realize the issues companies face when problems arise with these systems? We just tried to order a DPF for a truck at work last week, 6 months out they said, Walmart needs 13 of them for their fleet and they are ahead of you.....So I guess this customer doesn't need his truck to make a living for 6 months. Has anyone looked at DEF prices lately....funny how cheap it was when hardly any diesels needed it, now that they are all required to have it the price goes up. You want to require emissions equipment fine but fix the system so a guy can at least get off the road and get fixed in a timely manner so that he can go back to transporting the goods that America relies on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Not everyone deletes diesels to "roll coal"....Do you realize the issues companies face when problems arise with these systems? We just tried to order a DPF for a truck at work last week, 6 months out they said, Walmart needs 13 of them for their fleet and they are ahead of you.....So I guess this customer doesn't need his truck to make a living for 6 months. Has anyone looked at DEF prices lately....funny how cheap it was when hardly any diesels needed it, now that they are all required to have it the price goes up. You want to require emissions equipment fine but fix the system so a guy can at least get off the road and get fixed in a timely manner so that he can go back to transporting the goods that America relies on.
This is the crap that gets me. If they busted the supply chain to the point where the trucks can't run we're all in trouble. Feel for ya. It didn't have to be like this.

·
Super Moderator
13,955 Posts
I think everyone has had enough of both of us.
You're right. Shouldn't have to say this to two mods but if you guys want to hijack a thread and bicker to no end...again...create your own thread so we don't have to watch.

• Helpful
Reactions: Barend and 712edf

·
Super Moderator
13,955 Posts
...and yet you still continue the bullshit. Stop. Both of you take it someplace else. I don't care 'why' this or that - it's irrelevant to the OP's question, so stop.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts