·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post here to introduce yourself and join the Chapter

·
Registered
73 Posts
WOO-HOO, we finally got one!!!! Well if we are going to introduce ourselves, my name is Alex, and I am from Frankfort.(it's a little below bangor), and am currently going to school at Umaine in orono. I have a White 92 ram 1/2ton shortbed that is currently stock minus the M1 intake manifold. I plan on putting in a 1" body lift, and either a 4, 5, or 6" suspension lift, fitting something around a 35, or a 37.

Real name -Alex Baker
ph# 944-0486

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to meet you Alex, if you guy's want you can send a e-mail to your chapter leader with your ph # in it if you do not feel comfortable with posting it, and he will hold on to it for emergency reasons involving a chapter event that may need to involve last minute notifications

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Ahhhh. Finally!!

Well folks, we've made it to the big time. :)

I'm Ted and I live in Auburn. I've been living here for about 4 years. I came from Jackman. I lived there all my life except for my time in the Marines.

I have 3 boys, 3, 10, 11 and 1 wife, 35. ;D

I have an 84 4x4 Ramcharger and a 90 4x4 Ramcharger. I am going to be taking any and all useable parts off the 84 soon because the body is rusting away to nothing. I need the axles for the 90, anyway.

I do a lot of hunting, fishing, and camping. I am mostly familar with the Western Mountains region of the state.

I'd like to try to have a small get together sometime this summer. How do you all feel about that?

Ted

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Bakernator said:
A summer trip sounds like a good idea to me. Hopefully I can have some bigger tires by then.
I just want a RC that has good axles and isn't rusting away to nothing ;D

I think we have plenty of time to get lots of input about where to meet. I can go pretty much anywhere as long as I know in advance. I usually have at least one boy with me when I go places. If we get together before school starts, I have 3 boys and maybe even a wife. They all love camping and riding in the woods.

Ted

·
Registered
30 Posts
hello,my name is Cody from Jefferson.Im glad to see the snow is gone so i can begin on the many Mopar projects.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the first trip should be(for us Maine-a's) should be to a rust free state to go and get some moparsAnyone with me? :.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Welcome, Cody!!! :)

Sorry it took me a couple days, I have been busy at work.

I would love to have a rust free RC. I work in Rumford, and they dump straight salt on the road that I take up there. I could almost feel my 84 rust on the way to and from work.

Ted

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Guys (and Gals) -

My name is Gary and I live in Scarborough, way back in the woods. I have a great wife (of many years) and the coolest 7 year old fishing buddy you could imagine.

I own an '84 RC with (TRUELY) 77k actual miles on it. I keep up on the rust, so it looks pretty good. But it runs like a '98! God love the Big Dogs! It has a 318 and is pretty stock, but there's not many places here in the pine tree state where it can't get into! My dream would be to take the pup out to Moab Utah and tackle Elephant Hill in the Needles district of Canyonlands NP. That area is heaven on earth, for sure!

I'm currently looking into acquiring a cherry '78 RC to keep the '84 company.

I'm up for any and all get togethers, or crusing to places of interest with other like minded Mopar types. Just give me a shout and I'll be there.

-zeldon

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Welcome, Gary. Glad to have you aboard.

I was up in the woods the first part of this week. I was up by the Canadian border between Eustis and Jackman. Still plenty of snow. Some roads were still impassable. Plenty of mud, though. It looks like the streams and rivers have peaked, though, and the ground isn't as wet as it should be. It could be another dry year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
My name is David, I live in Auburn and have a 1977 PowerWagon with 85,000 original miles, a large V-plow and an FM converter !!! lol. It's not a vanity truck...it's a working farm truck. We raise Organic vegetables and Percheron workhorses and I use the truck for plowing, hauling, picking up hay and anything else I can think of.
It is a workhorse! (pun intended)
www.pineridgefarm.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am B.B. LaFreak. I am a Portland based musician/comedian/hardcore piano mover. I do not currently own a RC although I have had an 86 2wd former Maine Game warden RC and a 4wd 85. I have a facination with vehicles that were new when I was a kid so eventually I want a '75 RC to trailer my '75 Harley. I am also one of those nuts that likes my vehicles as close to factory as possible and I don't think I would ever need and engine bigger than a 318(if you call it crazy, that's what I am!). I am just lookin to find a few other local RC nuts so I won't feel so lonely being the only RC fan I know. ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome aboard , hmmm some RC nuts how about 6,000

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Welcome to RCC!! I live in Auburn and work in Scarborough. I have 2 RCs (or actually 1-1/2 ;)) I am trying to finish up on my 90 but I don't have a lot of time or money.

I always see quite a few RCs in Uncle Henry's, but I'm suspicious of the amount of rust. If I had the money I'd buy a couple more for "parts" but I think my wife would get hostile.;D

Come participate on the boards and have some fun. My information is in the members list thread.

Ted

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hey all!! Just joined the other day when I bought my first R/C. It's an 87 L.E. with 88,000 miles. It has a few small rust spots behind the rear wheels, but I only gave a wrinkled $100 bill for it (not quite worth a crisp one!!). Anyway, it runs like a top and I have some 35's to put on it once I get it lifted.

I live in Old Town by the canoe factory and work in Newport. I bought the R/C to take camping and fishing in Eastport. Also to do some hunting in Lincoln where I'm originally from. I was looking to buy an older Blazer for $1500 that needed some work, but after talking with a guy at work he sold me this old "tool shed''. He bought it cheap to make a mud toy but bought a race car instead, so he doesn't have time to build up the Ramcharger.

Anyway, just found this maine forum and thought I'd chime in....Latah!!

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
A very belated welcome. Glad you're here. Also glad you got the RC instead of the Blazer....although I had a K/5 Blazer and liked it.

Don't be afraid to join in the fun here.

Ted

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello all. I'm Tony and I'm from Auburn, Maine. I have quite a few mopars... both trucks and cars. I'm currently driving a lifted 97 ram and working on a 1975 Dodge W200U.S. Navy crew cab with a 440 in it. I'm planning on making it a trail-riding workhorse with at least 36'' tires, tool boxes, on board air & welder, and a winch.

I have a bunch of friends that I go off-roading with and would love to get us all together for some trail-riding.

Anyways, sign me up for the Maine chapter! Thanx!

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Well, since Coop isn't on right now, Welcome from CT!! lol Not a ride, but we are getting a BBQ going if you want to make the drive down to CT. ;D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts