1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and yet another

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it may not be a dodge but it is my all time favorite movie car. i almost cried when it got demolished. belive it or not the original car is still alive and kicking and in the loving care of a private owner/colletor.

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
Its a sweet ass car. What is it though? It would be nice to have one, but you'd have to have is imported from Austrailia. Can we say$$$$$ :eek:

G

·
I think it was a Australian Ford, something like a Mustang/Falcon cross. They were supposed to be really fast, one of the few V-8 cars down under. Wish I had one!

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Go to www.aussiecoupes.com

they got falcon xb's (what max's car was made outa) as well as holdens(aussie gm) and aussie chryslers. They had a hemi slant six in australia, as I understand it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
8)I love that car and that movie! I saw a pic of one just like it on another website not sure where anymore , but it showed pics that it was made from a 70's mustang II. Not sure how true that is , but i had a 77 mustangII(cobraII) that was black w/gold stripe package and had a 302. It was pretty fast cuz the 302 was a little more than stock and the car only weighed aprox 2400 lbs. Looking at the pics u posted i can see the same body lines on the side and the windows are shaped the same as mine was. Sure wish i would have kept mine after seeing that site. 8) Hindsite is always 20/20, LOL

Todd

·
Registered
281 Posts
I actually found the pic! It was on a site called,www.ridejudge.com ;D Heres the link

http://www.ridejudge.com/RideDetails.asp?RideID=1430

and heres the info listed with it.
Exterior Modifications
Front nosecone added, roof spoiler added, trunk spoiler added, Weiand supercharger added, zoomie side pipes added, rear wheel arch flares added. All for the perfect Mad Max Pursuit Special replica.

Interior Modifications
Factory except for the police light and overhead police console added to movie specs.

Engine Modifications
460, supercharged

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
hardway42 said:

they got falcon xb's (what max's car was made outa) as well as holdens(aussie gm) and aussie chryslers. They had a hemi slant six in australia, as I understand it.
The aussies had all kinds of interesting stuff we don't have here. A 426 hemi 6 pack challenger for one. And a el caminoized dart, and a el caminoized c body. One of their el camino type cars had the "Charger" name plate, and they never got the b body Charger as we know it :p seen it on some aussie charger website.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
a p.p.p.piece from here and a p...pp...pp..ppiece from there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can shut the gate on this one Maxi......its a ducks guts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll drive that tanker

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Todd said:
hardway42 said:

The aussies had all kinds of interesting stuff we don't have here. A 426 hemi 6 pack challenger for one. And a el caminoized dart, and a el caminoized c body. One of their el camino type cars had the "Charger" name plate, and they never got the b body Charger as we know it :p seen it on some aussie charger website.
Please, dont say el caminoized. they call them 'utes.

And, I wouldnt mind getting a kwaka either.

"I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the NIIIIIGHT RIDER!"

BTW, have you guys seen the Mad Max DVD with the original austrailian dialouge? It really kinda changes the feel.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that thing in there, that's not the goose

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
[quote author=hardway42
Please, dont say el caminoized. they call them 'utes.

And, I wouldnt mind getting a kwaka either.

"I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the NIIIIIGHT RIDER!"

BTW, have you guys seen the Mad Max DVD with the original austrailian dialouge? It really kinda changes the feel.
Sorrry if I pissed any Aussies off by not calling them 'utes, but I'm pretty sure If I wrote down " 'utes" people would have thought I was talking about SUVs and not car/truck hybrids.

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
They called em "Falcon"s, but they're close to what we knew as a Torino in size and running gear. 351Cleveland etc.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
here y'all go.... Budda's limo! ;D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts