Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all would i have to do to put M880 axles and maybe the motor trans and tcase in my 90 rc?

·
5,656 Posts
Im pretty sure you can just bolt the axles on. And as far as the drive train , i also think its a bolt in. are you planning on using the Np203 out of the m880 or the np208 out of your rc. the M880 has a 727 tf in it. So you will need to either run the np203 which will make your rig full time 4x4 or get a different tail shaft for the 727 for the np208. Now if you decide to us the 3/4 axle off the m880 the front dana 44 has full time hubs. No really a big deal, just remeber if you run the np203 you will have a full time 4x4, but if you have the np 208 youll have the 2wd option. The Np203 is a good transfer case, it chain driven but it does weigh more than the one you have. The TF 727 will be a much better auto, there very stroung and can take some abuse. The 318 in it, if its a 2 barrel i would get a four barrel for it. the 2 barrel is worthless. Now as far as drive shafts go. the dana 60 rear stick out more so you might have to shorting the rear shaft, but you might not have to. the front should be fine. Another thing is the M880 came with 4.10 gears, so your highway driving will be at higher RPMs, but youll have better acceleration and more torque offroad. Also those truck came with 16.5 rims, i have run a 16 on them and was fine. But i would so just sticking with the 16.5. hope this helps you out chad

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
its 3/4 ton heavy duty suspension

govt just rates differently. even these humvees and cucv silverados are rated as 1 1/4 ton. they have a different system. but short wheel base on stiff springs arent as fun unless you are a desert racer.

·
5,656 Posts
joe swinehart said:
its 3/4 ton heavy duty suspension

govt just rates differently. even these humvees and cucv silverados are rated as 1 1/4 ton. they have a different system. but short wheel base on stiff springs arent as fun unless you are a desert racer.
Well ive got it on my truck and its rides ruff as hell

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
slightly off topic but will the wiring harness be that same, i mean will the one out of the m880 go in place of the rc or in my case a td

i just relized that i was thinking the wrong generation. sry but would it work on an older truck?

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im thinkin about gettin the drive line from the m880 do it all right the first time and make the rc a trail rig from hell.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
It is all bolt in if you have all the donor parts. If you're worried about stiff springs from the M880, just use your current 1/2 ton springs or just take a leaf or 2 out of the M880 springs.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so the 1/2 springs would work? what about steering? all the same

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
change of planes looks like im gonna be gettin a 360hp and a good 727 to drop down in the rc. them m880 axles are for sale 200 for the pair.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
what would shipping be to 21009 for the axles, thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.