Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard a lot of good things about these, and even used them myself. but while looking around the net, i found this. now take it however you will, im just posting the info for you to make your own decision. so post up any other info, or experiences, or whatever.

Duane

·
7,995 Posts
Well, I looked at the article but I will say that he(BOB) seems to be promoting the Schaeffers Lube.
This is NOT the most scientific of tests. The gear design, the depth of the oil, speeds, etc need to be taken into considerstion.
I've heard good things about Lucas and I don't think they would be on the market or race tracks if the product was Bogus.

I would have to say I disagree with his test procedures and probably his engineering background and say he's hosed up!

Look at his laboratory...kinda looks like the barn that General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard was stored in. ;D ;D

Here's a couple of posts on his forum...ha-ha!!!!
Now I know he is a butthook!

To Bob....
Q: Bob,
just out of my curiosity. What would happend if you added in Lucas stuff to Schaeffers oil?

From Bob...
A: I have no idea. I really didn't want to waste the schaeffers gear oil with that because the schaeffers gear oil is already designed with the climbing additive in it already so it doesn't need it. One of the other things I liked was the fact it had very minimal air trapped in it as well.

What a scientific mind...I didn't want to waste the Lucas Oil! Geeeez!

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chump said:
Well, I looked at the article but I will say that he(BOB) seems to be promoting the Schaeffers Lube.
This is NOT the most scientific of tests. The gear design, the depth of the oil, speeds, etc need to be taken into considerstion.
I've heard good things about Lucas and I don't think they would be on the market or race tracks if the product was Bogus.
i thought the same, but the foaming did concern me a little, since thats what some off roaders do, low speed (crawling). i like the persons suggestion to use a clear diff cover and test them that way.

Look at his laboratory...kinda looks like the barn that General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard was stored in. ;D ;D
hey, i resemble that remark! ;D

Duane

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Well, I have used Lucas products in several different 'oils'.

I put some of the power steering additive in the rack/pinion on my car, and it has kept me from having to replace it ($ 270 to replace it by the way).

It looks to me like he has slanted his supposed tests. The lighting is very bad on the stuff he is promoting, so you can barely tell what the oils are doing, but he makes sure to have good lighting on what he is trying to prove is bad.

The oil he is promoting, looks almost like used oil, which will foam less, as it is not as thick.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
CLRracer said:
i thought the same, but the foaming did concern me a little, since thats what some off roaders do, low speed (crawling). i like the persons suggestion to use a clear diff cover and test them that way.
I agree.. I would really like to see that test. Say.. I have a 9.25" laying around, If I can get ahold of one of those covers, I'd do it... Where you suppose you get one, and could we get a collection going? Cause I can't imagine them being inexpensive. Actually, I've got a better idea.. Anyone know where to get a clear oil pan? Or tranny pan? ;) ;D

I don't know what he did different with his test than the counter displays do, because I have one of them, and I've motorized it, and the Lucas never foamed that bad.

I also think that if Lucas really foamed that easily in real-world conditions, they'd have been bankrupted long ago by the product liability lawsuits.

JHMO
Matt {peace}

·
7,995 Posts
As I mentioned there is nothing scientific about his test approach! What a worthless wad! I have asked for a login to his site to see what his credentials are and to ask him how he does these highly controlled tests under all conditions and with multiple oils and what his Benchmark test procedures and processes are. Maybe even an ISO or SAE Certification? If you look at one of his pictures he has stacks of Schaeffer cans in the background. {bigeyes}{bigeyes}

Funny...when you spin up the Lucas oil displays at NAPA they work perfectly...Duuuh?!?!?

Look at his forum and you will see he has a following of braindead vibrators that are in total awe of his test and are wanting to throw out their Lucas Oil or get refunds. Sounds just like the TV ads for magic mops and fat reduction! These people shouldn't be allowed out of their padded cells to operate a motor vehicle! I'll bet most of these people are ficticious and he is the one that is posting under different names. With all the problems that the original Ford Powerstrokes had, if this additve foamed up so bad there would be none of these trucks on the road!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i got a ? about "bobs" experiment... how much WATER did he put into that lucas bottle???? since the gears on one side did not look like they were moving with the 15w40 in his "controll" side its just a little funny on how it got so milky so fast...... oh and i use lucas in my PW AND my jeep... 40 psi of pressure in the PW and upwards of 60-70 PSI on a motor with OVER 220,000 miles running full synthetic 10W30.... and gee guess what??? i beat the hell out of my jeep and it shows no foam when i check the oil after runnin it at 80+MPH.... so i think this guy is a scammer just to promote what HE wants to.... and how do we know which is which??? could just be a bottle or WOLFSHEAD oil and a bottle of store brand oil that hes doing this with..... obviously we cant trust his word because its just a little to weird that it was always the "other" brand that was funky.... how much water was in that little tank????

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thats like taking a sample of some of the stupid posts on this site and coming to a conclusion about all the info provided here. I will agree to that being as stupid of test as the ball bearing one. But there is a goldmine of info at that site and it is watched by many in the business. Personally I think all additives are more for the 'feel good' than any practical use.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
well if this is any help... the oil pressure in the jeep without the lucas is somewhere between 20-30 psi at idle... with it it sits somewhere between 40-60 psi.... so it has its good side... down side is it costs so much....

·
7,995 Posts
After I've been working in an engineering environment there is NO way that his test is valid...period!!!!! This also should make any sane person ask why he would do this? If he can't run a test correctly what makes the info on the site trustworthy when BOB is such a mental midget? The people who said they were gonna throw away their Lucas oil were convinced by his shoddy test. They were having sexual fantasies over his test! You may like the info on that site and use the Goldmine, but I wouldn't be caught dead with that stupid sh*t or his info! ROTFLMAO again!!!
Those are the type of sites that generate business for RCC and some honest answers!
As for the site being watched by many in the business? I wouldn't trust them either. If people in the business think BOB is a GURU then the people in the business need to get rid of their Functional Test Labs and employees! SAE Engineers are now obsolete according to BOB and his complex testing device! ::) They are doing their tests wrong...BOB can prove that! Could almost qualify for Internet fraud. Maybe disparagement of Lucas products? I'll Email Lucas and the FBI Internet Fraud Division. I'll look into this wonderful guy again. Anyone that would test 2 brands of oil in a homemade POS that has NO engineering value and then say he doesn't want to waste any more oil on any further tests has got to be one of the dumbest of sh*ts in the world! ROTFLMAO again! I'm gonna grab 2 manual egg beaters and prove that Mobil 1 and Amsoil are NO good! I'll even use stainless steel ones! Oh....Oh my gut hurts! {bigeyes}{bigeyes}{bigeyes}{bigeyes}{bigeyes}

These will be my complex test fixtures!

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you find no useful info here http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi then it is your loss, there are more oil tests done and published there by blackstone than any where else. If you cant wade thru the useful and useless, as you have to do here also, oh well. And who said here that test is valid anyway?

Bob doesnt even own the site anymore, thats like saying all opinions expressed here are sams, yours included. geez

·
7,995 Posts
phate said:
If you find no useful info here http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi then it is your loss, there are more oil tests done and published there by blackstone than any where else. If you cant wade thru the useful and useless, as you have to do here also, oh well. And who said here that test is valid anyway?

Bob doesnt even own the site anymore, thats like saying all opinions expressed here are sams, yours included. geez
Shouldn't take it personal. Bob is an idiot...I have run a test to prove it! Took me 30 nanoseconds and I did it in the alley behind my house. It will be published on another web site that has been run for 2 years like his. I may also post the results in the Globe or National Enquirer next to the article on the tree that gave birth to twin boys. :p Also his test has nothing to do with opinions, he has used this bogus test to convince people that his test is factual and they believe his facts. ???
Yes, Blackstone has been around for a while and they do good work...Bob needs to look at their test labs so he can get an idea on how fix his barn up and maybe upgrade his test fixture to incorporate 2 motors so he can spin each gear set at different speeds and leave me and some more people in complete awe of his scientific prowess! I just received my password for his site...I'll let him know how wuuuuuuuunderful he is and ask him how he comes up with all this scientific data. I have to go now and head down to NAPA and tell them to get rid of the Lucas display as BobbyPoo has said his tests prove that it does not meet proper standards and they may get sued when the next 500 cars blow up in October. :eek: Geeeeez

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I`ve used Lucas in my beater Olds, quieted a lifter tap, also put it in the trans, lessened a TQ shudder, wich BTW was totally eliminated by flushing the trans and using Lubegaurd, but thats another story. As far as Bobistheoilguy, he`s definitley slanted towards that oil he sells, BUT the message boards, altho they have some folks who are "Schaefferes this and that" have some pretty good info buried in there, you just have too look past the "sell".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts