Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any options for lowering a 4WD 82 RC?  Drop spindles?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
You could go spring under but you aren't going to have any uptravel and it will ride like shit.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what i was afraid of.  Thanks for the confirmation.  I didn't think there would be much energy devoted to lowering a 4WD.  Usually you want to go higher with a 4x4.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Well, it's not impossible, but the fact that our trucks ride only an inch or two off the upper suspension bumper in the front would make it very hard to do much without gutting the front end and completely redesigning and fabricating a new front suspension.  2WDs adapt to this sort of thing much easier since they do not require a long piece of metal across the entire front end to move up and down and everything is moving outboard of the frame.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.  I was kicking around ideas about how to lower a 4wd RC to build an autocross RC, but I don't think it would really be worth it to do all the fabrication necessary.

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
Totally the wrong type of vehicle. If you wanna run a truck of any kind, you should consider a 2wd. If you're really dead set on using your RC, think about converting to 2wd. Maybe swapping in a Crown Vic front end or Dakota front end and getting rid of the heavy axle and t-case weight.

Ed

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, it was just an idea.  I am not going to take apart a 4wd just to build a 2wd.  If I want a 2wd truck I will go buy one.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
...but I am digging the autocross idea with awd.  Hmmm...Pikes Peak assault? Oh if there were enough hours in the day. (and money in the bank)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a thought.  I would do it only for handling purposes if the truck was to be used to do autocross/rally racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.