Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to paint 86 RC , got all the top trim off started on lower trim having trouble with the 1st piece, front fender , does it have to slide towards the rear and then pop off or towards the top. got the motor finished and am ready to rock and roll

tony

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
most pieces you lift the bottom and pull outwards on the top [ it depends on the factory work that day weather the clips are UP or Down [ l,ve seen both ] / the door pieces have nuts that hold the ends but once the nuts are off they lift an pull / be fore WARNED the clips break real easy and are NO longer made

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help , the one I was having trouble with was the one with the side marker lamp, finally realized that the marker lamp holds that piece on except for the two end screws, has nylon studs with nuts on it.  You are  also right about the clips breaking, all the clips on the left side broke , the left side seems to be ok. I did find a couple vendors on ebay that have some that I think are right , just have to measure them. Also the clips that hold the trim on the back side window trims are different  and there are two different kinds , I found the nylon ones on ebay but hvent fount the metal ones yet.  Right now I'm having a time getting the plug out of the window switch .  hope I don't break it.

Thanks again .

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.