Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently i have a tired 318 engine.

I am looking for the easiest engine swap but would also like more power.

Any recommendation on a crate engine and what size motor?

i would like to use the same transmission

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
if you have a tired 318 , and install a fresh 318 , you will have some more power , and NO changes otherwise .
in my honest opinion , the difference between a 360 L/A and a 318 L/A in a pick-up or RC isn't much , and that change would be the least differences , mount brackets converter front damper carb linkage ....

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
dodge82273 said:
if you have a tired 318 , and install a fresh 318 , you will have some more power , and NO changes otherwise .
in my honest opinion , the difference between a 360 L/A and a 318 L/A in a pick-up or RC isn't much , and that change would be the least differences , mount brackets converter front damper carb linkage ....
^^^^This^^^^

Bucky

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
appreciate the feedback.

I am not looking for a rock ship but boy is the 318 pretty sluggish.

would just like more get up an go

·
Super Moderator
29,798 Posts
The easiest engine swap power upgrade would be to swap in a Magnum 318 with a carb.  It's pretty much a bolt in deal though expensive and you will need a few odds and ends to make it work.  A 360 LA or 360 Magnum would be possible, though I honestly would not bother with a 360 LA engine when the Magnum is so much better.  Again, expensive, and will require some extra parts to convert to a 360 engine due to the different engine balance and the one different engine mount bracket.  After that we get into big blocks and the Cummins engines which are a lot more expensive with a lot of extras needed to make them work.  It all depends on how much power you want and how much you want to spend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.