Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want anything fancy. Just a plan ole MP3 player for work. Oh and it has to be cheap because I need to buy tools too and we're broke. :p

Suggestions please. ;D

scandisk {noclue}

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Check TigerDirect.com.  Read the reviews though as some are not worth buying, but depending on how hard you are on stuff, some of the cheaper ones could be considered disposable or not a big deal if it gets stolen.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elwenil said:
Check TigerDirect.com. Read the reviews though as some are not worth buying, but depending on how hard you are on stuff, some of the cheaper ones could be considered disposable or not a big deal if it gets stolen.
Well I'm sure it's gonna get beat up working on repairing trailers and with 16 bays there will be quite a few guys working there.

It doesn't have to sound "awesome" it just has to make decent sound LOL.. ;D But it has to have at least a 10 hour battery life to it.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Good luck with a 10 hour battery life, lol.  With that in mind, you may want to stick with the ones with normal replacable batteries rather than the one like an iPuke that have the internal rechargeable battery.  You could always just keep a handful of rechargeable AAA or AA batteries in your pocket. 

I will say this, stay the hell away from anything by Creative Labs.  I paid $600 for a Zen Vision M for my girlfriend a cable to hook up to her CR-V's stereo and rush shipping to get in time for Valentine's Day a few years back and it lasted about 1 year.  I contacted Creative and they said it needed a firmware update, so I proceed to do that.  It locks up, won't take the firmware and now won't do anything.  creative won't fix it, even at my expense and only offers to sell me a remanufactured one or a new one.  That is the last POS I buy from Creative Labs.  From then on even the PCs I have built got Turtle Beach sound cards.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty cool Bill. 2g is fine with me I don't even thing I have that much music on my PC.............. LOL... ;D

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
We bought the son's player from the Sony website but I cannot find it there now. I may have a link at home.  It may be out of production.

·
29,538 Posts
mopar65pa said:
I don't want anything fancy. Just a plan ole MP3 player for work. Oh and it has to be cheap because I need to buy tools too and we're broke. :p

Suggestions please. ;D

scandisk {noclue}
I have a couple of the Scandisks and they've been great. They are small and do exactly what I need them to do....play music.
Too bad you weren't watching Woot around Christmas, they had refurbs for 9.99.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Tiger's got the 2GB Sandisk players for $20 and the 4GB ones for $30.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the scandisk is what I'm going to go with. We had the scandisk memory sticks and they work well so why not stick with what works right.  ;D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah Scandisk is pretty good. I got a Phillips. It's lasted a really long time and has a super long battery life. It's help up very well to working on wehicles and being outdoors. Nothings broke on it either :) (I've found that quite impressive). Just plug it back into my computer at night and it's all charged up in the morning. It's very user friendly too. Nothing really special but not a pile either. Got it at Wal-Mart.

It's sort of like this one only mines a 2GB and I think it was quite a bit cheaper. Just look in the lil' case they have at Wal-Mart with all their MP3 players and IPODs. It should be there. It's a lil' black Phillips Go Gear. Kinda like this guy.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-Gogear-Video-Mp3-Player/11091212

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd have that lcd screen busted in a week. LOL..........  ;D

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
another option to look at tony is the RCA Jet. we got the 2gb model for my daughter for her 9th birthday. she has put that thing through everything you can imagine a child of that age could do and will be 12 in june and the thing is still going strong.

it is rubber coated for protection, waterproof, shockproof, as stated is a 2gb model, has an fm radio option on it as well as voice record, and it comes with both a wrist band holder and an upper armband holder. cost was right at $30.

average battery life on it is something I havent actually timed. I do know that she listens to it all the time and only plugs it in the computer usb port to charge about every 2 days or so.

the one feature i do like on it is the ability to just drag and drop files. no special software needed for it and it plays wav, wma, and mp3 without a problem.

here is a cnet review of the jet series of players

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/rca-jet-s2002-2gb/4505-6490_7-32473778.html

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
IntenseImages said:
another option to look at tony is the RCA Jet. we got the 2gb model for my daughter for her 9th birthday. she has put that thing through everything you can imagine a child of that age could do and will be 12 in june and the thing is still going strong.

it is rubber coated for protection, waterproof, shockproof, as stated is a 2gb model, has an fm radio option on it as well as voice record, and it comes with both a wrist band holder and an upper armband holder. cost was right at $30.

average battery life on it is something I havent actually timed. I do know that she listens to it all the time and only plugs it in the computer usb port to charge about every 2 days or so.

the one feature i do like on it is the ability to just drag and drop files. no special software needed for it and it plays wav, wma, and mp3 without a problem.

here is a cnet review of the jet series of players

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/rca-jet-s2002-2gb/4505-6490_7-32473778.html
Is that similar to the old RCA Lyra MP3 players? My first mp3 was a RCA Lyra (128mb), it got kicked, smacked, dropped in puddles (and it wasn't waterproof) and used ALOT. I think i paid $130 or so for it when i bought it (new)

I upgraded to a 10GB MP3 Player and gave the Lyra to my cousin (like 6 years ago) He replaced the 128mb SD Card i had added (256mb total) with a 512mb SD Card. I talked to him a while back (he's in the army) and he's still using that MP3 Player :eek:

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ChrisKD said:
I talked to him a while back (he's in the army) and he's still using that MP3 Player :eek:
:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts