Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had luck finding any? .673 is the knurl diameter but i cant seem to find any longer than the stock ones.

·
Registered
29,099 Posts
you gotta drill BIGGER

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everything ive found says the knurl diameter for the dodge was .673

Those are .665 so drilling them out wont help me.

all those are smaller than that. I didnt see anything bigger than .673 for 1/2” studs when i was searching. I’m not near the truck at the moment, but im guessing i’ll have to pop one out and confirm the .673 number i keep seeing on parts sites.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I know you can go up some just did it on the front hubs of my 2wd. I think I went up by like 30 thousandths on the knurl and they worked without drilling I forget the exact number, have it wrote down somewhere. Now they were a pain the but to get pressed in and straight, but we got them.

Definitely don't want to go down in knurl size. They can spin when trying to secure your lugs or worse fall out/lugs fall off when running down the road.

Neil

·
Registered
29,099 Posts
Reactions: neil4224

·
Registered
553 Posts
I know ARP makes some trick Stuff that is for sure as Dodgeboys just posted. Pretty pricey for my cheap ass though (per what my wife calls me!).

Neil

·
Registered
29,099 Posts
I know ARP makes some trick Stuff that is for sure as Dodgeboys just posted. Pretty pricey for my cheap ass though (per what my wife calls me!).

Neil

there the SAME ones l post before

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I just put longer studs on my 69 roadrunner. Dorman stuff. They have a longer shoulder so watch what lug nuts you use.

This was part on installing Torque Thrust wheels. The shank on the American lugs bottomed out on the shoulder. I used regular bulge seat lug nuts instead.

The studs have a pilot and the knurl was about. 010 larger, no problem there. Iirc the ramcharger uses the same studs.

I think the Dorman studs posted above are what I used.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. Im running the stock aluminum wheels from an 84. The rear is converted to disc so I'm short by about a 1/4” or so. I’ll try the dorman stuff and see if that works out.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yes I put in longer wheel studs if you want to know I'll give you the part number but the holes in the axles have to be reamed because the knurl is larger

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Product Automotive tire Font Line Tire

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I just realized somebody else posted the part number otherwise there is no other longer wheel stud with that knurl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts