Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and girls i ve been fighting with me gay kikdown linkage shit and i cant get it right for some reason. i have an edelbrock carb with stock intake and it donmt seem to hook up right. so i heard that the lokar setup is the way to go has anyone esle converted to this or is there any commets about it? thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is this the idiot proof setup? and where would you find this?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've done neither, but just got my Transgo package from Summit that I'll install next week.  So I'm thinking of this upgrade, too.  From what I can tell from looking at pics of each installation, the Bouchillon loks like a slightly nicer set-up, but costs 2.5X as much.

Problem is, I'm not sure it's 2.5X as good.  It seams way overpriced for something as simple as a transmission kickdown on a 25 yr old truck.  Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what are u suggesting that i do?? you got any recomendations for me as to which kickdown cable i should go with cuz this stock set up is dumb

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
i have the lokar kick down and it works awsome easy to install

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Mopar1984 said:
so what are u suggesting that i do?? you got any recomendations for me as to which kickdown cable i should go with cuz this stock set up is dumb
Yes, stock set up is dumb - too many compromises. Given that, you're quality options are the Lokar or the Bouchilon - choose one.

The lokar is about $70 and most people say they have no problem with it - bolts right up with no worries; easy to adjust. A few folks have said they had to drill holes in the transmission lever. Sounds like a minor thing to me.

The Bouchilon is about $130 and also bolts right in. I've heard zero complaints about the Bouchilon, other than its price and that it "doesn't look as cool". Bouchilon is also a mopar-specific application, so it has that going for it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had the lokar set-up and it was fine but I just couldn't seem to dial it in, shifts always seemed to be off a bit to me.  I bought a bouchillon kit it was extremely easy to install and it worked as described but I expected nothing less from guys that live and breathe mopar.  Your choice both will work.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright thanks alot guys  8)

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
oh wait there is another option too mancini racing ...i had a lokar and it was a pain in my ass to get set right granted u need to use both throttle and kickdown and re do ur linkages too ...alot of fun look a Kthaxtons rig he has it set up liuke u want

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
BrianT said:
oh wait there is another option too mancini racing ...
Unless I'm mistaken, the Mancnini cable is a re-branded Lokar. Sometimes you can find the Mancini version on sale - if so, no reason not to buy it if you're leaning towards Lokar anyway.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have lokar and love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts