Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is my '79. I posted it last time, just as the board went tits up, so I never got any replies. :\'(. Hope you all like. I spent some time getting what you see painted. I have yet to paint the top, hood, tailgate, cowl, and valance. I have also yet to put all the trim back on. It is the original paint scheme, but I went with newer more brillant colors. It is a 1994 Ferd pearl/mettalic blue and a 1998 Lexus silver. This next year it will recieve a 471 blower and 11" of lift onto 3/4 ton running gear. I am now in the process of putting a new carpet kit in it and dynamatting the whole inside.

Attachments

·
5,137 Posts
Clean looking RC!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very Cool!!! 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a pic of the blower. It is just sitting on a rebuilt 318 I have. It will actually go on the 360 that is in the RC right now. I could have left the supercharger aluminum or had it polished, but I think painting it Chrysler blue makes it look kind of "factory" don't you think? ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Logjam said:
Here is a pic of the blower. It is just sitting on a rebuilt 318 I have. It will actually go on the 360 that is in the RC right now. I could have left the supercharger aluminum or had it polished, but I think painting it Chrysler blue makes it look kind of "factory" don't you think? ;D
Totally agreed, I prefer my blowers to look factory as well!

;D

Had

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is one more pic I cropped for closer view. It is still very difficult to see the actual shades of colors. :-\

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lookin good,
Can't wait to see that blower sticking thru the hood!

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Looking good. Now come over and we'll get some mud on yer purdy paint. Let me know if you decide not to use the blower, cause then I wouldnt need that 4" crank.

BTW, where'd ya get it?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Logjam said:
I totally agree with you Logjam. I painted my 440 Six Pack Chrysler blue for that 'factory' look as well. 8)

That is a very nice looking R/C. The color combination looks good.
Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hardway42 said:
BTW, where'd ya get it?
Well I saw it advertised in the Oregonian one weekend and called. I went down to Florence the next day to get it. The deal worked out excellent because the guy that was selling it owned a NAPA store so I just ran the purchase through on my Discover card and never even needed the cash. 8)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trying to get me a profile pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll keep you in mind on the wheels, but don't hold your breath. :-X I got those off of a 1978 Imperial police package car I bought for the tranny. Up until a few years ago Year One still sold them for $100 a wheel and $50 bucks a hub cap, but now they are discontinued so the price keeps going up. ;D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are a couple from when I started.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last one

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Looks killer dude! 8)

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Awesome, that is sweet, building it is half the fun, the other half is seeing how much abuse it will take, LMAO {smoke}

·
Registered
11,397 Posts
wow.good job on building that.how long did it take in all so far?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts