Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 R/C has the 727 non lock up tranny in it. I would like to change it to a lock up. What is involved in this trade? I know I'll have to have the correct converter and 727 trans, but are there any solenoids or wiring I will have to do?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Yes theres wiring involved and yes theres solenoids. Basicaly you've got to change the trans because the non lock ups are plumbed different in the valve body. Also in the case for the enelcronics. I don't know of anybody that sells a conversion to do it to the old trans so...... new trans with some extar wiring. Wyatt

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Some lock ups are hydraulic controlled and there is no wiring. I really don't think you will like having a lock up tranny. You lose a little performance and increase the chance of tranny failure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you use an electric lock-up case specifically a 727 lock-up truck 4x4 case with the guts from a non lock up transmission 727 non-lock car internals? Would there be differences in just the valve body, converter and pump areas?

I want to get away from the lock-up myself, as my truck's computer is no longer with us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts