·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking into it and measured mine. It looks like mine binds at about 26 degrees. I figure 40 is the least I need to make it work. I will try to get this measured and give those guys a call. I think the ones I seen affered that have a 40 degree angle would work. Thanks for the info bud.

Mike

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting the Badboy jr. It should be here tommorrow. Pretty penny but a pretty driveshaft too. Thanks for the info there boss.
]
Mike

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did get it today. Here is a link to a pic.
http://atlas.walagata.com/w/mikewiz/DS.JPG

Unfortunately it is about 2 inchs too short. I gotta call them back right now and someone was seeing whose mistake it was. But i was on the phone with the guy when he explained the measurement he needed. So I will have to most likely send it back and have them fix it. The shaft is binding at the axle also so I am going to have to either clearance my existing yolk or get the 1 ton one from them (probably the 1 ton its just money right :( well anyway I was excited right before I had to put it on. That is the way of the world I guess

Mike :(

G

·
oooooo looks perty. I would go with the 1 ton myself. Just a personel preferance that if I have to replace it might as well upgrade it. nothing worse then spending money twice on something.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did get that to fit by the way. I start to see about a eight of an inch of spines if I have the front springs fully extened. but being that that will MOST LIKELY never happen I should be fine. I had to clearance my yolk at the pinion quite a bit but it SHOULD be fine.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How much was that driveshaft? My front driveshaft is shot, U-Joints, CV, even the splines are wore out. Currently I have just removed it, but now with the snow, maybe I should fix it.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
600 bucks......if you don't need a high angle shaft as I did (9" of suspension lift or more) you can get a normal driveshaft from most parts stores rebuilt with all new components for a fraction of that. Or you can go stronger if you wheel a lot with a shaft from Arizona drivelines built to 3/4 ton or 1 ton specs. www.arizonadrivelines.com If it is just a daily driver though Napa or even Checkers probably can hook you up cheap.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts