Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
l have a VAN / 1964 DODGE Custom Sportsman Window Van [1972 forged crank 440-12.5 to 1 forged pistons shaved for zero deck hieght for the 1967 "915" HP heads that are ported and polished with a pump gas compression ratio of 10 to 1 for the PURPLE shaft "509" 292 duration cam/ 3500 stall full manual 727 reverse valve body / 8 3/4 4.10 geared "489" case rear ] like what was said before nobody here talks about them

Attachments

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup aint drivin it in 20 years and the NEW 440 aint been fired since it was rebuild 15 years ago / you know the OLD story [ got married and bought a house yada yada yada ] plus the fact thats its just too DANGEROUS to drive with the 22 inch rubber on the rearend / it,ll stand right up on the rear bumper as long as you want / its more driveble if l put the 14 inch stock tires on back / it,ll still pull the fronts off the line but then it just fries the rears when the rpm,s come up / plus the fact that it dont steer or stop with 10 inch drum brakes all around / but boy did l have fun with it years ago when l was driving it daily and it just had a stock 440 in it

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
yup aint drivin it in 20 years and the NEW 440 aint been fired since it was rebuild 15 years ago / you know the OLD story [ got married and bought a house yada yada yada ] plus the fact thats its just too DANGEROUS to drive with the 22 inch rubber on the rearend / it,ll stand right up on the rear bumper as long as you want / its more driveble if l put the 14 inch stock tires on back / it,ll still pull the fronts off the line but then it just fries the rears when the rpm,s come up / plus the fact that it dont steer or stop with 10 inch drum brakes all around / but boy did l have fun with it years ago when l was driving it daily and it just had a stock 440 in it
I think I should take it off your hands and show it the love it deserves.

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1964 Dodge A100 1/2 Ton Window Van

July 05, 2010

PRICING
Original MSRP: $2,133
Retail Low = $3,900
Retail Average = $7,775
Retail High = $15,500

above is right from the NADA site for a 318 auto with 3;55 gears

l,ll give it to you for $7,200 FIRM and thats a steal , after recent market changes the price is $13.500

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
That van would be fun!!! Oh, if I only had the cash! {devil}

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DodgeMudder said:
I think I should take it off your hands and show it the love it deserves.
scared / l would be at that price / the "915 HP" heads alone were 3 grand / the rest of the motor was another 2 G,s / the full MANUAL reverse 727 was a G / the "NEW" 4;10 sure-grip rear [489 case] was another G / l got almost 7 grand into it with out the van / boy l wish l was single again and NO kids / its gonna be my retirement fund by the looks of it

to be the 1980,s again when shit was cheap and Reagan was an A-hole

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
scared / l would be at that price / the "915 HP" heads alone were 3 grand / the rest of the motor was another 2 G,s / the full MANUAL reverse 727 was a G / the "NEW" 4;10 sure-grip rear [489 case] was another G / l got almost 7 grand into it with out the van / boy l wish l was single again and NO kids / its gonna be my retirement fund by the looks of it

to be the 1980,s again when shit was cheap and Reagan was an A-hole
Don't think it's a bad price, just more than my budget will allow right now, of course do to a few changes since I posted the first time a tank of gas for my '75 is above my budget.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
1964 Dodge A100 1/2 Ton Window Van

July 05, 2010

PRICING
Original MSRP: $2,133
Retail Low = $3,900
Retail Average = $7,775
Retail High = $15,500

above is right from the NADA site for a 318 auto with 3;55 gears

l,ll give it to you for $7,200 FIRM and thats a steal
Thats also in working order for the NADA prices. You said your self its sat for 20yrs and not been started for 15 so the price should be half. Plus the motor is missing parts in the pic

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
This is the body style that's findable around here.

MOUNTS! Want to know more.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. They all had the 8.75", but more on the setup. Please tell me that's dash-shifted. Can you not use the console with the 440?

10" drums, so it was a slant van?

I thought '64s were slant/273 only.

Wicked van, hope you get that thing started and playing again.

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was an original 273 auto dash shifted / in the mopar world they have been say,in anywere a small block fits a BIG block will slide right in / so l slid it in there way back in the 80,s / but back then it was just a stock 440 car motor out of a new yorker and it had an open diff 3.23 gears with a stock 727 / drove it that way for 10 years and then decided to go FULL bore with the drive train / thats when l built the motor - tranny and new 4.10 sure grip / its all brand new and NEVER been fired in the van / the motor was dyno,ed at just over 600 horses / like l said it was dangerous with a stock 440 it would be suicide with the new motor and drive train in it

76dodgeboy said:
Thats also in working order for the NADA prices. You said your self its sat for 20yrs and not been started for 15 so the price should be half. Plus the motor is missing parts in the pic
YA right DA and man are you a MOPAR hater / what are you do,in on here with that BAD attitude / l corrected you a couple times when YOU were Wrong and you,ve been an A-hole to me since then / get over it and pull your panty,s out of your a$$

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
That would be a sweet wheelstander indeed. Bring the whole crew along for a peaceful ride on the bumper.

Yeah, back in the '80s. I was just wondering right off what you did for mounts though. Last one I saw was elephant ears.

Have you ever noticed it is possible to keep the throttle pedal in the air? That could be very useful on a test run. I think cleaned up and driving it could sell much faster at the same price or maybe higher. (now that I read 600hp on the dyno I'd think higher)

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so got bored awhile back and prodding from my buddy we tried to fire it up [ about 4 hours of screwin with it ] and the motor is locked up [ a set of rings stuck ] as the crank turns a little each way , l fogged it way back when , and we put PB in each plug hole before try'in to turn it , SO l,m gonna pull the HP 440 out and l pulled a "stock" 440 off the shelf [ l figure its been on the shelf for 40 years ] and it spun over just fine [ it's a 1972 New Yorker motor ] so thats the route l,m go'in in , l just turned SIXTY and probably aint got much time left so [ l built the HP 440 back in my 30's ] so puttin a STOCK motor in it just to go cruising will be Fine , dont need to do wheelies anymore

NOTE / also its NO longer for sale till l die and then my MOPAR crazed 15 year old great nephew wants it

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I like it . I wanted one a while back , wanted to see if a D44 could be centered under the front with out narrowing it. Understanding the diff side isn't moveable .... spring width ? mounts/perch's to unibody changeable ? make a good truck for her , keep grocries dry and come up driveway in winter ... eh too old now ( me not truck )

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
so got bored awhile back and prodding from my buddy we tried to fire it up [ about 4 hours of screwin with it ] and the motor is locked up [ a set of rings stuck ] as the crank turns a little each way , l fogged it way back when , and we put PB in each plug hole before try'in to turn it , SO l,m gonna pull the HP 440 out and l pulled a "stock" 440 off the shelf [ l figure its been on the shelf for 40 years ] and it spun over just fine [ it's a 1972 New Yorker motor ] so thats the route l,m go'in in , l just turned SIXTY and probably aint got much time left so [ l built the HP 440 back in my 30's ] so puttin a STOCK motor in it just to go cruising will be Fine , dont need to do wheelies anymore

NOTE / also its NO longer for sale till l die and then my MOPAR crazed 15 year old great nephew wants it
60? Pffffttt!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts