Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lift the front og my truck becuase the bfg's Have started takein a likein to my fenders. THere is a pro comp add a leaf kit for i think 50 bucks in summit. Says it will lift it 2.5 inches. I want this. But i have a question. DO I order the long leaf? or the short leaf kit? WHat do I have? ALso WHat all is the kit suppose to come with?

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Just call summit, they will be glad to find out the information.

Add a leafs are going to make your truck ride stiffer, and how much they lift depends on the condition of the springs. They also tend to settle after a while. But at $50, that is a pretty good deal. Good thing you didn't go with 33's, eh James?
You might also get a set for the rear, and keep the truck level.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
The "longer" ones will hold up longer. The kit will come with 2 add-a-leafs. Not sure if they provide new centering pins for the leafs or not. I would guess not.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Most of them come with new centering pins. The 3 sets I have installed in different springs have all come with them. If they don't for whatever reason do not reuse the old centering pins.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the truck sets low in the front. Kinda like the new one do. M truck rides stiff now But im gonna put a good set of ranchos on it also. Im think that the adda aleafs in the fornt will level it out. If I put them on all four corners I will still be low in the front and high in the back. THey do come with new centering pins. Is this a hard install? Do I have to completely remove the leaf spring pack. or can i just loosen every thing up and slide the ne leaf in and bolt her back up? I need pointers Becuase this will be my first suspension work.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
It isn't anything hard, it just takes time. There is a little bit more to it and just loostening everything up and sliding them in. You can leave the spring bolted to the frame, but the axles will have to be unbolted completly from the springs because. You will also need new u bolts and such because the old ones won't be long enough, and you just should replace em anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts