Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
1968 Dodge W100, 1967 Plymouth Barracuda, 1974 Plymouth Trailduster, 1975 Dodge Ramcharger
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lift Kit - hope this is the right channel for this topic? Courious if any other members have installed the Skyjacker 4" lift (D400BKS). Skyjacker listes the kit as a 4" lift kit and it should be used on 74-93 trucks including Ranchangers. As the kit listed it as a 4" kit I just skimmed over the individual components. When I received the kit it came with the component box, 2- D400S front springs (4") and 2 - DR60S read springs (6"). I know there is mention in some threads that the rear blocks that came stock are to be removed. Wondering if I ordered the wrong kit as I know have 6" springs on the back and 4" springs on the front. Maybe the extra 2" on the rear makes up for not using the stock blocks?
Its got me wondering if it is correct. As you can see in the pic below, the rear spring is forced all the way forward and it hits the front of the rear spring hanger. I am working with a bare frame with no body weight. When the body is back on the frame it may adjust out ok? Thoughts.

I can't find any explanation on the interweb and no instructions on the Skyjacker sight.

Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Auto part Gas

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Once the full weight of the truck is on the ground then the hangers will center themselves. You got it on the Skyjacker springs, the 6" lift without a block will actually give you 4". You don't want blocks, that's why Skyjacker does that. I've got the Skyjacker 2.5" lift and my rear springs are the DR40S 4" springs. I have no blocks.

Registered
Right, you're gonna remove the block. I bought the same kit from SkyJ. D400 & DR60. Installed the rear leafs, then while installing the front I figured out it was too much stress on a D44 drive shaft (that was my take anyway). So then I switched to the 2.5" SkyJ kit. Removed the 3" rear block and to my amazement the 93W 150 sits level at all 4 wheel wells (besides the Dodge lean, front left). Again that was with the 2.5" kit. One would assume SkyJ has it figured out for the 4" kit too. Did you buy a drop pittman? I believe you're on the right path.

The hanger is going to pivot back some once weight is put on it. And more when the springs break in.

I have the SkyJ 4" kit for sale locally.........

Registered
1968 Dodge W100, 1967 Plymouth Barracuda, 1974 Plymouth Trailduster, 1975 Dodge Ramcharger
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once the full weight of the truck is on the ground then the hangers will center themselves. You got it on the Skyjacker springs, the 6" lift without a block will actually give you 4". You don't want blocks, that's why Skyjacker does that. I've got the Skyjacker 2.5" lift and my rear springs are the DR40S 4" springs. I have no blocks.
Country Boy - thank you for your reply. Makes me more comfortable that you have had the same experience. I will call SkyJacker in the AM to confirm but that sounds right. Thanks again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, you're gonna remove the block. I bought the same kit from SkyJ. D400 & DR60. Installed the rear leafs, then while installing the front I figured out it was too much stress on a D44 drive shaft (that was my take anyway). So then I switched to the 2.5" SkyJ kit. Removed the 3" rear block and to my amazement the 93W 150 sits level at all 4 wheel wells (besides the Dodge lean, front left). Again that was with the 2.5" kit. One would assume SkyJ has it figured out for the 4" kit too. Did you buy a drop pittman? I believe you're on the right path.

The hanger is going to pivot back some once weight is put on it. And more when the springs break in.

I have the SkyJ 4" kit for sale locally.........
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think when the weight gets back on the frame it will sit better and swing from the hanger freely. I actually swapped the larger W250 axels onto the ramcharger frame as well so will most likely sit about a 1/2" higher. I now have Dana 44 in front and Dana 60 in rear.

Registered
Yes, definitely remove those rear blocks, that's why they sent you those springs for a 4" total lift.

I put that system on my '93 W150 a few years back, and love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts