Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just erased everything no reason to make another thread but I have a few more ideas to see what you guys to think. Im looking to lift my TD a cheap way im wondering the ideas: 1)how well would re-arching the stock leaf springs would help? 2)I ran across this and wondering if its a good idea or not im kinda skeptical about it but idk heres the link http://gearinstalls.com/dc.htm thanks again chris

·
Registered
908 Posts
Read up and do a shackle flip, and use the factory block, that will give you about 4 inches of lift, if the rear stock springs has an add a leaf in them. If you are lucky you might be able to score some aftermarket lift springs at a junk yard, but I doubt that adding springs to your leaf pack, will give you any lift, since you need a greater arch, and stock springs just wront give you that. Also take into consideration your drive line angle and such. Thats my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
the rear 3.5 inch blocks are factory.  adding springs to your current pack will make for a rough ride and you won't get the lift you're looking for.  I helped a buddy build some rear springs out of a couple sets of used ones and it was a big P.I.T.A.  A lot of work for a truck that didn't sit level.  if you like your current ride do like NorCal said, and the place to look is right here in the vendor section under Jungle's HD parts.  Jim has everything you need for the front and the rear lift, and the stuff is awesome!  if your stock springs are shot then a lift kit with rear springs (not blocks) might be in order.  My w100 main leaves were bending at the end of the second leaf, not good.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Just buy a lift system.  It's a lot simpler and takes out all of the guesswork.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Elwenil said:
Just buy a lift system. It's a lot simpler and takes out all of the guesswork.
Exactly!

Thats what I will be doing eventuraly

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I was tryin to go a cheap route money is pretty tight but ill look a kits and see what happens thanks guys. any more ideas or help would be great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts